This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
    Also, if you go to the derm and they prescribe you Oracea, ask for an "intro pack". It has a discount card that will save you about 25$ for each script for 3 months.

Good luck everyone.
    Gretchen
    You can also get the discount card here...

http://www.oracea.com/Consumer/About...eaSavings.aspx

I was on doxy for 6 weeks and didn't think it was working so I quit. Then I got worse, so I figure it probably was working. I just started on Oracea a few days ago, and it is MUCH better on my stomach! No discomfort whatsoever! I just finished one month on AzaSite and FML.

So far I have had 4 consecutive pain-free days, and that is the most I have had in a row since this all started many months ago. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by Tay1982 View Post
      For those who are currently taking doxycycline or have taken it, are you aware of an "average" time frame in which its effects are noticeable? I went through one bottle, taking 200mg a day but my eye doctor did not find them to be effective.

Also, my eye doctor mentioned in our last consultation that if Restasis is not effective, the next line of defense (or offense), would be steroid drops. I hear that the steroid drops quickly control the inflammation, but is it a temporary thing as all these drops seem to be? I would hate to take something that could potentially cause cataracts/glaucoma just for some temporary relief. It's scary to think that it the steroid drops do not work, there is nothing else this doctor can do...

Thanks in advance for any responses.
      My eye doc said that it takes a couple months for the doxy benefit to build up so I quit just a bit too soon.

Comment

Working...
      X