Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Dwellin'.... Are you Dwellin'?

OK, so I couldn't resist the title.

But in all seriousness, having used Dwelle exclusively since September 9th, I must say it this drop has a WAY LONGER "LIFE" in my eyeballs than any of the other measly drops I've tried...and I've pretty much tried everything that my local drug store has to offer!!

I'm going to stick with this for a while and see if I can see some bonafide and lasting improvement!!

- Rose

On Dwelle since early September

I'm in the same boat...so far so good w/ Dwelle. The real challege will be the winter months.

Comment

Dave - have you thought about getting a humidifier for your house or at least one for the bedroom?

- Rose

Comment

humidifier

Yes...I got a humidifer for the home. I thought about getting one that attaches to the furnace and humidifies the whole house. But, I'm not sure it's worth it. It def helps.

I tried to have a lil' humidifer in my cube at work. But that was completely ineffective. There's too much open space.

Again, I'm hoping w/ plus, 7 mos of Restatsis and Dwelle will make this winter much better; esp. at work.

Comment

Me, too! The Dwelle has been so great that I have been using fewer drops during the day and even teaching back-to-back classes (1.5 hours each) with no problem!

Yea, Rebecca!

--Liz

Comment

This is wonderful. Is Dwelle the eyedrop which leaves some residue on your eyelashes? Just curious as I'm thinking of trying Dwelle again as I did not give it much of a chance before...

Comment

Hi Judy,

Yes, Dwelle does leave some residue, depending on the amount of drops you put into your eyes. Washes off easily in the shower.

I wouldn't say that Dwelle (YET) has been a cure-all for me, but it's certainly making my eyes feel better than the stuff I would buy OTC from the local pharmacy. It's got a longer "shelf life" in my eyes I guess.

I am holding out hope that Dwelle can help to heal the dry spots on my corneas. If not, I will try plugs....

- Rose

Comment

Dwelle - available in UK?

Originally posted by Sammy Bolivia View Post
                .... I wouldn't say that Dwelle (YET) has been a cure-all for me, but it's certainly making my eyes feel better than the stuff I would buy OTC from the local pharmacy. It's got a longer "shelf life" in my eyes I guess. I am holding out hope that Dwelle can help to heal the dry spots on my corneas. If not, I will try plugs....Rose
                hi - does anyone know if you can get Dwelle in the UK? and also, does it have preservatives in it?

and, what is its consistency? is it thick and gooey, or more like Refresh Plus?

thank you!

Comment

Thanks Sammy (Rose)!

Comment

Dwelle

This is my first experience with Dwelle and I think it's ... ok. Nothing great, nothing bad ..

Can sting a bit upon application ... doesn't seem to last any longer than any other drops, but it was worth a try.

I go back to the lasik butcher, err doctor at the end of September. Should be interresting to see what he says about "dry" eyes.

Monica
                    San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown View Post
                      hi - does anyone know if you can get Dwelle in the UK? and also, does it have preservatives in it?

and, what is its consistency? is it thick and gooey, or more like Refresh Plus?

thank you!
                      DryEyeShop ships to UK and everywhere. It has a mild preservative. It's not thin like Refresh Plus, but not terribly thick either. It is of more benefit as a longer term treatment than a quick-relief artificial tear.

You can also get a related product in the UK which is sold there under the name Clinitas Ultra 3 - may be more convenient for you to go that route. Google it and you should be able to find an online supplier in the UK. I'm not sure about availability at the chemists.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by VirginiaDryEye View Post

I tried to have a lil' humidifer in my cube at work. But that was completely ineffective. There's too much open space.
                        Same here. I have a humidifier at work but since I sit in a cube, there is too much open space for the humidifier to truly provide a comfortable atmosphere to work in.

Work is definitely the place that I suffer the most (sigh).

Monica
                        San Diego.

Comment

Still Dwellin'

So I've been using Dwelle religiously and exclusively since September 9th as you know, only applying the drops once in the morning, once again around noon, once before my workout class or evening walk, and once again before bed. On the 9th I also gave up on all of the other drops I had been trying as well - so I've been using nothing but Dwelle.

I have also been doing my warm compresses religiously (10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night). I do the warm compresses AFTER my shower (I don't want the shower to wash away my precious oils!!) and then I instill Dwelle after I'm done with my compresses.

I must also note that I have also been using my new WileyX Air Rage sunglasses in my car to/from work as my hygrometer alerted me to the fact that the humidity level in my car was a measly 20%!! I believe shielding my eyes from that kind of humidity for the 50 minutes it takes me to get to/from work may be helping me out a lot. I think it makes my "days" go better.

Anyway....all weekend....drumroll..... I don't think I thought about my eyeballs once. And I'm wearing a small amount of eye makeup today.

THIS IS HUGE. Too early for me to report this in the "Triumphs" thread but I might be working towards it...

Will keep you all posted.

- Rose
                          Last edited by Sammy B.; 21-Sep-2009, 10:06. Reason: * added info about WileyX sunglasses *

Comment

Rose,

Just out of curiousity.... How often were you using the other drops per day as compared with just 4 times with Dwelle.

I am thinking of getting some myself for nighttime use as my lids stick together at times.

So glad to hear your success,
                            Melissa
                            pianolady

Comment

Melissa,

I also forgot to add to my post that I've been using my WileyX Air Rage sunglasses in the car to/from work, which is a 50 minute drive each way in the Florida heat. The humidity level in my car is EXTREMELY LOW with the A/C on (my hygrometer showed a measly 20% humidity). So I believe some of my daytime problems were stemming from long car rides with that kind of humidity blowing directly at my eyes!!

Regarding drops, since LASIK in January of 2008, I had only been using them in the morning and at night (Refresh individual vials). I did not feel a need to use them during the day. In May of this year, those drops simply stopped working for me, for reasons I cannot identify.

Then, in late May, when my eyes dried out further, I had drops of all kinds on my desk at work, which I tried to use once an hour or so. I had already read by that time that over-dropping could lead to decreased tear production so I tried to tough it out as much as I could in between applications, but it was getting increasingly hard.

Then in August of this year, when I realized that NOTHING worked (nothing I had purchased OTC from the local pharmacy, nothing by RX from the dr's office - which included steriods and allergy drops - I did not try Restasis however), I ordered Dwelle. Dwelle was on backorder as we know, so I went cold turkey on drops at that point, figuring I was doing more harm than good. When the Dwelle finally arrived, I gave myself another week or so of "cold-turkey-ness" to give my eyes a chance to do something on their own. I finally gave up on that (let's just say I had more bad days then good days), and began Dwelle on September 9th.

I am trying to avoid the insertion of punctal plugs. If I have to get plugged I will, but so far so good with the Dwelle.

By the way, there have been times that I have been tempted to instill more Dwelle after one of my 'scheduled' doses. But whenever I push through for twenty minutes or so after dropping and avoid another dosing, my eyes are fine. So if it doesn't "work" immediately, try to wait it out.

- Rose

Comment

Working...
                              X