lacriserts bother eyes when too dry??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lacriserts bother eyes when too dry??

i have noticed lately that my lacriserts seem to bother me on some days especially when i am very dry.. I am not sure if it due to allergies or just the extreme dry days of sjogrens.. some days they help so much i feel pretty good and can over-tear..other days i am taking the lacriserts out and my eyes feel better when they are out!

does anyone else experience this? i would love to hear any other experiences...thanks!
    Jenny

Hi Jenny...

Yes, my eyes are almost always too dry for the Lacriserts now. Even though I add drops before inserting them, and shortly after, there still aren't enough tears/liquid to dissolve them so they can help. They just feel really irritating most of the time.

Comment

ok.. well they seem to help me greatly for about 6 hours or so... and then my eyes are too dry like you said and it just feels like somethig is irritating them. when i have a "good " day... they help tremendously and i overtear,... thanks for responding...
      Jenny

Comment

My experience was similar... if my eyes were overly dry, the Lacriserts would make things worse.

On days that my eyes were less dry, the Lacriserts made the day even better!

Comment

Working...
        X