Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Oasis drops please

Hi,

I have dry eye, blepharitis, rosacea, and MGD. I recently received my Oasis drops and have a question--how do you disperse the solution all over the eye? This is like a gel consistency and, when I drop it into my eye, it doesn't seem to disperse well. I've been using this for several nights now and, not only does it not help (I still wake up with bad dry eye pain and need to put in theratears or refresh), but it seems to just get stuck in the inner corners of my eyes and remain goopy. Is there a trick to this? Is there something else you all like better than Oasis for nighttime use? I want to stick with preservative-free options, please.

Thanks,
    Tiffany

Tiffany, the OASIS drops are not necessarily a night time only drop. The molecular structure of the drops works best during the day when the eyes are open. When the eyes are open and the molecule is not under "shear" the molecules intertwine with each other creating a sponge like matrix holding over 1000 times it weight in water.

Comment

thanks so much, i had no idea! i'll start using them during the day then.

Comment

Lift your upper eyelid and drop the drop on the top outer area of the globe of your eye.
        Let your upper eyelid down while pulling out your lower to catch the remaining fluid.

Your eye should be well covered this way ...

Comment

I love the Oasis Tears Plus drops. Unfortunately I have run out and do not have a substitute. They seem to provide long lasting relief. Even my new serum tears do not feel as good as the Oasis Tears Plus felt in my eye.

Let's hope the shipments get rolling out again soon!

Comment

bella
            The company is shipping the product out as of week before last.

Comment

Hi,

The best way to instill a drop is to pull your lower lid down and put a drop in the pocket between your lower lid and your eye, blink a few times, and the drop will be smoothed over and evenly distributed over your ocular surface.

Ointment preparations are better for night time use than drops because of their viscosity and thickness which make them stay in the eye for longer periods of time, eg overnight. It should be the last thing to do before bedtime though because they will make your vision blurry. Lacrilube, GenTeal gel, Refresh PM are some brands. Your doctor may recommend a mild antibiotic ointment such as Erythromycin if you have severe dry eye.

Sincerely,
              Irina Ganelis, M.D.
              http://www.GanelisMD.com

Comment

Working...
              X