Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new dry eye treatment..

I havent posted in a while, I have a new job and have been really busy

I got something about this in my email. This one flew in under the radar, as I have never heard it discussed before. You spray it onto closed eyes and it is meant to enhance the lipid layer....

see: www.clarymist.co.uk/

HI welcome back!

I think this is the same product as tears again: http://www.odysseymed.com/phys/produ...?iProductID=12

but rebranded for the UK
    Clarymist ™ eye spray – at that time marketed in Germany as Tears Again TM.
    http://www.clarymist.co.uk/clinical.htm

has this helped anyone im always sceptical of things which have been out but noone really reports much on its effectiveness?

and they claim here may be this if u have mild dry eye for contacts?:

At the end of the trial, parameters such as LIPCOF, BUT, and Schirmer were all significantly superior in the treatment group compared to the control group. Other effects included a remarkable reduction of 89.5% in inflammation of the margins of the eyelid. Questioning of the patients revealed a subjective perception of reduced symptoms in 72% of the cases. Also every patient was of the opinion that using Clarymist ™ eye spray is more straightforward and more pleasant than tear substitute eye drops.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi there,

First things first, I work for Savant, the importers of Clarymist in the UK, so would just like to make that as clear as possible from the start! I hope me coming on here isn't seen as overly commercial or anything like that. If it is, and a moderator would like to delete this, please feel free as I won't be insulted.

I stumbled across this post & site whilst looking up meibomiam gland information, so thought I may as well register & post. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have on Clarymist, and will quickly cover the points raised here.

The trials that were done on Clarymist (or Tears Again as it is known in other countries) reported that it worked on evaporative dry eye caused by lipid layer instability of the tear film. This acconts for ~80% of dry eye sufferers. The trials also showed that continued used reduced lid margin inflammation, and improved BUT.

The full trials are on the website.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, as I've just noticed how long this topic has been dead for! If anyone is interested, I will investigate doing an introductory offer for site members - if that is permitted here?

Cheers,

Tony

(p.s. kudos to the site, it's a lot nicer than a lot of forums I go on!)

Comment

Hi Tony,

Welcome & thanks for posting - appreciate the additional information.

The way we generally handle things like this is in our "Dry Eye A to Z" section, where there is a page per product (or product family). There is a page there for Tears Again. Obviously pretty scanty info at present, and I don't think we have the spray listed at all - I assume this is the Tears Again Liposome Spray that goes over the eyelids? I'll get it updated. If you have any published references I'll be happy to list them too.

Originally posted by Tony Barnes
        If anyone is interested, I will investigate doing an introductory offer for site members - if that is permitted here?
        I don't have a policy on that, for the simple reason that this is the first time someone's offered! Let me have a think about that and I'll get back to you, okay?

Kind regards
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Anyway, I'll leave it there, as I've just noticed how long this topic has been dead for! If anyone is interested, I will investigate doing an introductory offer for site members - if that is permitted here?
          I am interested, as £15 is quite expensive i tryed to make it last longer and not use it as often, and im probally not experiancing the full benefit.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Also me too.

Comment

Well that answers that Go ahead Tony, & thanks for thinking of it.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for that Rebecca - the 2 trials are http://www.clarymist.co.uk/Study1_Tears_Again.pdf and http://www.clarymist.co.uk/Study2_Abstract_SOE_2005.doc. The first is a largish PDF - 1.3mb that goes into a lot of detail, the second is a smaller Word document that compares Clarymist with Liposic, another lipid based remedy. We are also due to be conducting another study shortly in the UK.

With regards to what actual product it is - am I right in saying this is a predominantly American site? The Tears Again products that you have listed in the A-Z aren't associated with Clarymist. To try and put it as succinctly as possible, we couldn't call Clarymist Tears Again in the UK because of the American products already having a trademark in the UK (even though they aren't for sale). This didn't affect Tears Again in other european countries (it is produced by Optima Pharmazeutische in Germany), but forced us to rebrand. You are correct in saying that it is a liposomal product that is sprayed onto the closed eyelid though. Please feel free to take any information you choose from our website.

I'll wait to see what you decide on the offer front.

Sazy - the general recommendation is 3 sprays per afflicted eye per day. Some user will require more, some will require less dependant on severity (for instance my mum only sprays once in the morning). The larger study I've linked to indicates that over time users will use less.

Let me know if you want any more info and I'll see what I can find.

Cheers

Tony

Comment

I would like to try this product

Tony Barnes:

I'm from Norway, and have not seen this product on the market here. How can I get hold of the spray? I would like to try it.

Greetings from Norway,

Toril

Comment

Hi everybody!

This product was one of the first I have tried. Ive got in over a friend of Germany....
                    Sorry to say that, but It didnt help me at all....

Comment

It jasnt helped me either, but wondered wether i wasnt using enough so wanted to get it for a cheeper price so i could use it more often, coz £15 is alot when it hasnt helped me so far.

Comment

Hi Toril,

We could supply to Norway for you, but I suspect it would be cheaper for you to get it from somewhere closer. I will contact the manufacturer to see what's the best option.

Alexandra - sorry to hear that it wasn't of help for you. Is it evaporative dry eye you suffer from? If not, then it would not help, no.

Sazy - from your profile you suffer from Rosacea, right? I've had a bit of a look, and from what I can find you will have dry eye from meibomiam gland problems, something that Clarymist should help with, as it's the meibomiam gland excretions that it's mimiking. Sorry if any of this sounds like pointing out the obvious/old hat - it's a new product for us and I've got a lot of reading to do on related conditions! Again, I'll contact the manufacturer to see if they have any more detailed information for sufferers like yourself, it may be down to a dosage issue.

Comment

I have abit of rocesea when i get out of the shower but nothing bad. so its not clear is its related to rocesea, but the prob is certanately evporative.

Comment

Hi again,

Firstly, Toril - there isn't any distribution in Norway yet, it's expected by about 2007. I've checked and it wouldn't cost much more for us to send to you than it does to send to people in the UK, ~£2.50, so feel free to order if you choose.

Sazy - ok, so it may not be totally rosacea related. I did get an answer back on rosacea though as follows

It is not possible for us to give a proper answer concerning the inquiry of the patient who suffers from rosacea, because we do not know the exact diagnosis and possible attendant circumstances.

On principle, there may be several ocular manifestations of rosacea, not only dry eye symptoms (problems range from minor irritation to potentially severe ocular surface disruption and inflammatory keratitis).

Rosacea is associated with chronic blepharitis and meibomian gland dysfunction, but a common ocular findings are thick viscous plugging of meibomian gland orifices. Therefore it is suggested, that the associated disturbance of the tear film, especially the lipid layer, is primarily due to the abnormal viscosity of the meibomian gland secretions and not (primarily) to a deficiency of the polar lipid fraction (= phospholipids), as it is in chronic blepharitis.

However, blepharitis is a very extensive topic, there are several different systems for classification. If you are interested, we could send you several publications about blepharitis, but I´m not aware of a publication in which the problem rosacea and dry eye is discussed explicit.
                            Hope it's of some help.

Cheers,

Tony

Comment

I would like to order

Hi again, Tony!

I would like to order a bottle to try it out! We can communicate via e-mail(torilbentzen@hotmail.com),..that'll be easier.

I suppose this spray is not a good combination with eye make-up?

Greetings from Toril

Comment

Working...
                              X