a new dry eye treatment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YGM Toril

As it goes, it's actually fine for use with makeup, as it hits the eyelid as a mist and isn't rubbed in - you just need to spray from a little further away to make sure.

Cheers,

Tony
    Last edited by Tony Barnes; 23-Aug-2006, 06:18.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i dont have any signs of MGD or any plugging, if i do have MGD i am more likely to have secondary MGD where the gland are not producing enough oil. But ive never had a propper diagnosis so who knows really! but i just try things on the hope that they will have a benefit, so i will try this spray again using it more regular this time as it is for evaporative dry eye and im sure thats what ive got.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Vyséo in France

HI Tony,
        Clarymist Teras again seems to exist in France under the brand name Vyséo. I
        haven't tried it yet. I will.
        Could you confirm it's the same composition (please find bellow additional info in French), apparently soja-based liposomal spray, phospholipids, and containing Vitamin A and E. 10 ml.
        Basically, are we talking about the same product?
        Apparently you can order it for 12 euros.

Is your offer eventually applicable to France or Portugal?
        I represent a lachrymal dysfunction-related association present in both countries (and maybe one more soon hopefully) so I'd like to receive any additional info on your products (including any other relevant study on this besides the above-posted ones)
        Thank you very much,
        Kakinda

Vyséo®

spray oculaire aux liposomes de soja
        Traite, soulage ou apaise les irritations des yeux secs

A chaque vaporisation, Vyséo propulse sur la paupière des milliards de particules de liposomes qui pénètrent rapidement dans la peau et apportent activement de l'eau, des phospholipides et de la vitamine A et E. Vyséo stabilise la couche lipidique du film lacrymal, régule et améliore l'humidification de la surface des yeux et des paupières.

Vyséo augmente le confort du port de lentilles de contact.

Indications : Sécheresse oculaire, sensation de tension des paupières, sensation de corps étranger, brûlure et démangeaison des yeux.
        La sécheresse oculaire peut être liée à l’environnement (pollution, climatisation, courant d’air ou air ambiant sec), au port de lentilles de contact, au travail sur ordinateur ou aux voyages prolongés en voiture et en avion.

Utilisation : Vaporiser Vyséo à 10 cm de distance, 3 à 4 fois par jour sur les paupières fermées.
        10 ml

Comment

Sazy - it sounds like you're really holding out for someone to actually work out what's going on Not a good situation to be in. I hope you get a proper diagnosis soon so you can start getting on with things. Let me know how you get on with it.

Kakinda - yes, that is the same product, I wasn't aware it had been renamed in France as well! 12 euros is a very good price, far less than we could sell it for, England has never been known for being a cheap place to live unfortunately

We will send anything out to any country if the customer is willing to pay the carriage charges, but I would always try to recommend a more local distributor if there is one - no point in you paying extra.

The majority of the info we have is basically marketing things, don't know if it would really apply to you or not (goes into market data, etc). As soon as we have any more study info I will post it up.

Cheers,

Tony

Comment

Tears Again

For anyone interested, I bought some Tears Again (biorevive) 10 ml bottle in Darwin in Australia while on holiday and it is also distributed in NZ by Bamford and Co as mentioned on the packet. It is made in Germany. Price was $23.95 Australian. It is soothing and very convenient but I need more than that for relief. Do things get better with longterm use? My 2 yr anniversary of disastrous Lasik is looming.
            It is great that this is one new product that we can get here in NZ.
            When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Sazy - it sounds like you're really holding out for someone to actually work out what's going on Not a good situation to be in. I hope you get a proper diagnosis soon so you can start getting on with things. Let me know how you get on with it.
              no its not a good situation, but thats the UK im affraid ive paid to see 4 opthmalogists and they were all useless, so im not paying to see anymore. Only one did a TBUT (tear break up time) test which you need to diagnose evaporative dry eye. And i had to go to harly street to get that. This is not a really technical test is standard practice in the states. Im going to the states to get some restasis soon and will hopefully get a better diagnosis then.

Just a thought, maybe your company could send out leaflets and training to the doctors about evaporative dry eye, how to test for it and about your product. some eye docs on the NHS that i saw didnt even know what evaprative dry eye is (they think dry eye is only aqueous deficiency)!
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

We are trying!! At the minute the drug's tariff want more studies to prove it's efficacy, etc, before hopefully we can get it on as a prescription for chronic sufferers. We are getting a lot of interest from eye hospitals and the like though.

I'm not that suprised that a lot of the docs don't know the difference, it's a sad indication of our state health service..!

Cheers,

Tony

Comment

well, but it's not just the UK... if it is of some consolation to all of you...
                  lack of DE-information and awareness amongst docs seems to be the rule, with some pleasant exceptions here and there (3 cities in France: Paris, Rouen and Bordeaux).
                  The situation is unbearable in Portugal...
                  I'm told Norway, Belgium is not great either...
                  It can only get better ... if we survive this DE ordeal a few more years.
                  We may give docs and labs a little push by beying proactive as well...
                  K
                  Last edited by kakinda; 24-Aug-2006, 09:29. Reason: further comment

Comment

I'm interested

I am interested in trying this product.

Has anyone given it a go?

Do we just order directly from the UK website?

Any ideas on cost with delivery.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Questions

Is this the mist that is supposedly composed of "tissue grade water"?

I'm trying to decide if I've used it. And is it safe to use with tearducts permanently closed?
                      Billye

Comment

Ian - UK delivery is £2, though other destinations can be supplied.

S/Lady - the water used is pharmaceutical grade water, so impurity free. I'm not aware of us saying it's "tissue grade water" anywhere - though someone else may have. Yes it will be safe to use with plugged ducts as it doesn't interfere with anything in that sense.

Cheers,

Tony

Comment

It says in the study the Liposic caused short AND long term vision loss in some patients! How often does this happen with Restasis? And has it happened with the Clarymist and the other tear product mentioned in the study does anyone know?

Comment

I can't comment on the other product's you've mentioned as I haven't seen any figures. I can say that as Clarymist has a mechanical action rather than a pharmacological one (it's classed as a medical device rather than a drug), there is no chance of interferance with natural tear/eye physiology.

Comment

question

Help! I started using Clarymist about two weeks ago for my dry eyes which are probably perimoenopausal in origin. I have been very pleased with them and like the soothing effect of the spray and have just ordered, and got, more. However, for the last two days the edges of my eyelids have been very itchy and irritating. I am not allergic to anything. They are a bit red but little else. I am a doctor myself and don't think there's anything serious. I am really reluctant to stop using Clarymist but could this be a reaction to it? Has anyone else had a problem? Is there any evidence in trials of this. Incidentally (Tony, if you are there) I can't get the first trial to download.

I can't find any mention of adverse reactions on the website and am hoping I have a temporary infection or somesuch.

Thanks

Comment

p.s.

I realised that the problem with reading the clarymist paper(pdf) was with my browser. Haven't sorted it but have read it with another browser. There is no mention of side effects, so my question remains as above.

Comment

Working...
                                X