Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

celluvisic drops for night? do they help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i gave up on Celluvisic.... i know they are just double the concentration of refresh tears plus (which i love) but they are too thick and bothered my eyes bad.. i returned them to cvs..good luck to everybody else...
    actually now my eyes are just super dry from tree allergies here... but i havent been waking up with them super dry? so in wonder if some nights i do sleep with them partially open and other nights they are completely shut?? who knows as i have sjogrens..mgd. so up and down like most everybdy on here..good luck guys and gals
    Jenny

Comment

Jenny
      I really do not like celluvisc. I used to use them when my eyes were not as bad as they are now. In the early days I could tolerate them but I think you need enough viable tear make up to utilise the celluvisc. Unless you do produce enough, they just turn to plastic and go hard and dry on both eyelash and eyeball. Actually when I did stop using them in 2007, I noticed that my eyes got a bit better(for a while anyway). Quite a lot of people I have spoken to say that celluvisc can really irritate the eyes and notice that things are a little easier when they stop using them.
      Lulu x

Comment

celluvisc sticky on the eyeball

Originally posted by lulu View Post
        Jenny
        I really do not like celluvisc. I used to use them when my eyes were not as bad as they are now. In the early days I could tolerate them but I think you need enough viable tear make up to utilise the celluvisc. Unless you do produce enough, they just turn to plastic and go hard and dry on both eyelash and eyeball. Actually when I did stop using them in 2007, I noticed that my eyes got a bit better(for a while anyway). Quite a lot of people I have spoken to say that celluvisc can really irritate the eyes and notice that things are a little easier when they stop using them.
        Lulu x
        Hello. I have only been using Celluvisc (1% at night, 0.5% during the day) since October, but have noticed it really makes my eyeball fell hard and clogs my lashes. I was given these as my eyes are allergic to preservatives, but have you found a drop that is better than these?

Comment

I use blink pf sodium hylauronate vials. They are the ones used for contacts but you can use them anyhow. They still clog my lashes and I have to wipe a cotton bud over them after a few minutes, but not in the way celluvisc do. They do not leave loads of plastic bits over the eyes. CMC dries like wall paper paste in my opinion, which is interesting because I read somewhere that that is precisely what is in wallpaper paste! Lots of the drop chemicals are components of other products but some are a lot worse than others. You could also try clinitas soothe vials, Boots or any chemist should stock them.
          Lulu x

Comment

One of my eye doctors told me to use Celluvisc. I didn't like it either and agree that it felt uncomfortable. It was too thick to use during the daytime (couldn't see), and when I used it at night my eyelids were plastered together in the morning. I have had the best luck with Thera Tears, in the beginning, and now. I'd love to know why different people respond differently to drops.

Comment

Working...
            X