No announcement yet.

Anyone else using Muro 128 5% ointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else using Muro 128 5% ointment?

I was told by my corneal surgeon to use Muro at night after having puncture treatments to repair a torn cornea back in February. He has told me to continue using it since it is the only ointment/gel/drops I have tried that get me through at least 3-4 hours sleep before needing refreshing - and occasionally a whole 6 hours sleep. It leaves my eyes red and burning in the morning but a warm saline soaked cotton ball on each eye for 10-20 minutes or enough Systane Free drops takes care of that.

I just wondered if anyone else uses it or has used it for an extended period. I am going to ask the eye doc next time if it could possibly be making my tear film break down faster/be more unstable. 2 docs have ok'd using it but I haven't asked that specific question.......

Hi Bunny.....To answer your question, I use Muro 128 ointment at night.

It's not ideal to need to use this all the time, but my doc told me to use it especially when my eyes are very bad and that "it can be used indefinitely."
    I am NOT promoting its use, or saying anyone should use it now or forever.

I also have to use it in the daytime in one of my eyes when I'm bad. This is NOT something one wants to do. You know, vaseline vision. You should check back with your docs. So you know at least one person who uses Muro 128.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Muro 128

Hello Everyone, I just read the posts about Muro 128, I use the drop EVERYDAY!! It helps clean out my eyes from the mucus strings, it stings and burns only for a few minutes but it helps, I've been using it for about a year now. I hope that by using it everyday it's not making my eyes worse but hell how much worse can they get? I use the Restasis about twice a day still, but I feel that the Muro 128 drops help a lot with the mucus strings only for a short period of time but every ounce of time that I don't have the strings is worth while. Wishing everyone good health and happiness your friend D

Comment

Well, that makes two of us (sort of) who use Muro ointment/drops. I have used the drops and it's been a long time ago. Delilah is correct, they sting like hell.

The ointment does not sting me at all. If I remember correctly the Muro drops were horrid and I never had much of a sting from Restasis, although I know many do.

PS. Delilah, I hope the Muro drops help you. I know when my left eye is so horribly dry that I just can't stand it........Muro takes it from crisply dry to at least greasy. Ugh. Since I lost a plug in the upper left about 6 months ago, I have been in terror. Never realized the plug helped so much. Was cauterized 2 days ago and still waiting to see what happens with that.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I see this was posted in August but here goes in case the info is helpful. I have been using Muro 128 5% in one eye only, the ointment for at least 6 to 7 years now. Could be longer, brain does not hold info for long periods of time. I find no side effects for me at all. I do not use the drops though. The doctor said that I can now stop them if I wish or when I use up the rest of the ointment I have. When I first started using it there was some burning but over time it felt the same as regular ointment. This is for the eye I did not have pkr on(spelling?). Not that it pertains to these postings but I use regular oinment in the other sye at night that did not have pkr.

Comment

Art--I've been using Muro ointment for 6 or 7 years too. Let me say also that I use drops at least every hour also. My drops run the gamut: Dwelle, Dakrina, NutraTear (available here on DEZ), TheraTears, Refresh Plus and Saline. The Muro ointment is for the extra boost I need. I will probably need this stuff for the rest of my life (being realistic) and this is not the case for most.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X