This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your morning routine?

Hey guys, just wanting your tips on your morning routine.

I use Refreshe P.M. before I go to bed, but obviously that doesnt last all night for me.

My eyes are super dry when I wake up, I usually put a a few drops in, lay back down for another 30 mins, and then put some more in until I need to wake up.

I have gotten a few tips on what to do, but I wouldn't mind knowing other peoples routine as well so I can try them out too.

Thanks ya'll!

try GenTeal Lubricant Eye Gel,

Did you try GenTeal Lubricant Eye Gel, Severe Dry Eye Relief ? Many people LOVE that one .

http://www.drugstore.com/genteal-lub...lief/qxp148141

Comment

Hi Vivian:

I like you put drops in the morning and lay back down. I use the Onyx mask at night and love it but still will put in a drop or two if I wake up in the night. I totally cannot use a gel at night as I wake up looking like something out of a bad horror flick, eyes all bloodshot and swollen. When I get up I put my autologous eye serum drops in straight off then about 1/2 hour later some Systain ultra preservative free drops and that will usually take me until about noon (from 9:00) at which time I put in the Restasis. From there I go downhill and need drops with increasing frequency as the day progresses. By night they are usually burning although I find I am much better is I don't put anything on my face besides moisturizing cream.

I don't need to do all of the lid hygiene (thank God) as MGD is not one of my problems (at least not that I am aware of yet)....F/G

Comment

Does gel make the eyes look all bloodshot? Cuz I use it nightly and sometimes they look red and sometimes they dont...does that have something to do with the gel?

Comment

I can't really tolerate gels either and have the same reaction as farmgirl. But everyone is different. I try to get significant humidity before bed with a hot shower and then moisture chambers for several hours. Serum drops go in nightly and in morning. I still wake up pretty darn red but not as bad as when I was using gels.

Comment

I would suggest that you try not using it for a week or two and if nothing changes you can go back to it but it took a long time for me to twig to the fact that the gel was my problem...F/G

Comment

Not this one

Comment

try GenTeal Lubricant Eye Gel

Not this one ..It is a good one .

Comment

My morning routine goes as follows:

1. Use sodium chloride solution (saline solution). This stuff, for whatever reason, removes pretty much all of the pain from my eyes when I wake up. They feel as dry as anything, and within 2 or 3 seconds of putting this stuff in my eyes in the morning the pain goes away. I usually sit on the couch for about 15 minutes watching TV while putting a few drops of this in my eyes every couple of minutes. Here's a link to where you can buy it for a very low price (300 mL for $11... by comparison most eye drops cost about $15 for 24 mL. This is over 10 times the quantity of eye drops and it costs less money!): http://www.mountainside-medical.com/...nit-Dose-.html

2. After about 15 minutes of using saline solution while watching TV I go back to my room and use Muro-128. I put one drop of Muro into each eye, and then immediately lie back on my bed and close my eyes for 5 minutes. I often gently rub my eyes during this time. For whatever reason, Muro-128 makes me feel like I can express oil from my glands and remove any gunky feeling from my upper eyelids. One minor downside to Muro-128 is that it stings for about 5 seconds, but it's a very nice feeling sting. It's not a chemical sting like you would get with a preservative eye drop, rather it is your eyes reacting to the high sodium (salt) concentration contained in the Muro-128. The sting is not doing you any harm is what my point is. To buy Muro-128, go to Walmart, go to the pharmacy desk, and ask the person behind the counter for the EYE DROP. There is also an ointment version of Muro-128, but for whatever reason the ointment does me very little good and I don't use it.

3. Use systane ultra. Once I've finished lying down on my bed for about 5 minutes, I put one drop of Systane Ultra into each eye. I find this eye drop gives my eyes a protective coating, and it allows me to go about my day with minimal discomfort. Sometimes I'll put in 2 or 3 drops spread over a couple of minutes, but often one is enough.

The only activity that really bothers me after going through this morning routine is using a computer, otherwise I can get through a whole day with just the occasional drop here and there. For the most part, I use Systane Ultra during the day, but sometimes I prefer to use the Saline or even Muro-128 if I'm able to lie down for a few minutes. It just comes with experience that determines which drop I decide to use.

Two last things I should probably mention are:
                  - I carry the eye drops with me in my pocket and I have a pocket mirror. I don't really like looking up to the sky when putting in my eye drops, so I just hold up a little mirror when putting the drops in. This is purely a preference thing, and it's not that I can't do it without a mirror, but I prefer using it.
                  - Every morning I take one pill of each of the following: Vitamin D, Beta-Carotene, Fish Oil, and a Multi-Vitamin.

Comment

Yep Tankie..sodium chloride solution works as a miracle for me too.

Comment

Glad to hear it. There's quite a few people on here who say the same, you and I are not the only ones

Comment

I like you..you are like KGB LOL .. trying to get to the bottom :} Look i got a GREAT luck of getting in my routine Omega 7, BioAstin, Zyflamend, Lactoferrin,NAC aand Super Bio C Buffered ,Bion eye drops and Compress heating product i keep talking about.

Comment

You got amazing price WOW !!!

Comment

thanks guys,
                            yeah I need to look into that tankie!

Comment

Working...
                            X