Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refresh Tears; is it a vaso-constricter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh Tears; is it a vaso-constricter?

Hello,

I've bought some Refresh Tears, .5% with Sodium carboxymethlcellulose and purite as a conservative. I don't see anywhere if it's like the old visine which constricts the blood vessels and makes them larger ultimately with repeated use. Also, is it ok to use this Refresh Tears with contacts? All the information about it is in a foreign language (except Allergan Refresh) as I've been travelling overseas. Hope you can help.

Thanks,
    JoeB

Not a vaso-constrictor

Hi,
    Refresh Tears is not a vaso-constrictor, get-the-red-out type of product. It is strictly an eye lubricant/ artificial tear. It is not labeled for use with contacts, and I have no experience with contacts and can not comment.

The ingredients of the preservative free version are:
    Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) .5%
    calcium chloride
    magnesium chloride
    potassium chloride
    purified water
    sodium chloride
    sodium lactate
    May contain hydrochloric acid and/or Sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Charmee

Comment

Just Some FYI

Refresh (Allergan) does make a Refresh Tear specifically for use with contacts. I used to use it myself. It has and orange stripe on the bottle instead of a yellow or purple one. I found that it worked well for re-wetting my contacts. Also, TheraTears now makes a re-wetting drop with their patented electrolyte balance thing. You might give that a shot also. Another tip is to put a few drops of the re-wetting drop on the lens before you put it in your eye. If you don't spill it all out before you get the lens in your eye, it can enhance your comfort.

Comment

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your answers.

JoeB

Comment

Working...
        X