Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thick ointments such as lacrilube - useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hycosan?

... and now i have another question: has anyone here tried Hycosan?

i see it comes in a special PF bottle, available online here http://www.dry-eyes.co.uk/acatalog/Hycosan.html and has had some good reviews.

but it's a Sodium Hyaluronate product, and that makes me wary, as i've tried Clinitas Soothe and didn't like it.

is there a special place on this forum specifically for questions about products? and where to get them, and so on? i'm having trouble finding my way around - it was ages before i could find where to post a 'new thread'... guess i'm feeling cerebrally challenged at the moment, or suffering from brain failure, as another friend puts it.

Comment

Hi Thistledown

I have used Dry Eyes Co several times and they are fine.

(When I first started to use Systane, the pharmacist hadn't heard of it and thought I wanted something for cystitis.)

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
        Hi Thistledown (When I first started to use Systane, the pharmacist hadn't heard of it and thought I wanted something for cystitis.)
        ROTFL yeah well - and it might work, too!

Comment

I don't think I have used Hycosan - the container reminds me of Vismed which is preservative free but in a bottle (not in vials).

As far as products are concerned, it could be a full time occupation just keeping up to date with developments.

I pay frequest visits to the site to see what others are talking about - plus I use the Dry Eye Co that you mentioned in your previous post and a few others.

I avoid any commercial promotion e.g. adverts on the TV that claim to help dry eyes. These products might help some straightforward cases but I'm afraid we are not in that category.

I avoid talking to people who don't suffer with this because they become armchair experts and advise me what they would do if they had it. I often wish they had it and then I might respect their advice. To be fair, it's too complicated for many doctors let alone ordinary folk.

Don't worry if you are feeling cerebrally challenged - some days I'm terrible and think that I'm unsafe to be let out on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
            ... I avoid talking to people who don't suffer with this because they become armchair experts and advise me what they would do if they had it. ...
            so far i haven't come across anyone else who has it (i mean, among my friends) - they're all quite sympathetic, but you can see them looking and thinking, well - it doesn't look as if there's much wrong there! and you can't tell them what it feels like to be suddenly woken at 4 am with a horribly sore dry eye, and the depression which results.

anyway - i'll keep on trying stuff, hoping to find something which really feels good - if such an Elixir exists!

thank you for your help.

think i'd better get off the computer now... getting uncomfortable...

Comment

Working...
            X