Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and congestion

Hi everyone,
    I just got some temporary plugs yesterday...and a few hours later I feel congested, am sneezing a lot, and have runny nose which has been continuing this afternoon. Basically how I imagine someone w/ allergies would feel (I dn't have allergies like that). I know it's not a cold because I don't feel sick. My eyelids also feel horrible and I can actually feel the plugs in my punctum! Can plugs cause this to happen? I can't wait for them to dissolve in few days!

Mine were the kind that take 90 days to dissolve. My doctor said that an allergic reaction would always result in unbearable itching. He also said that reaction rarely occurs before day 3 or day 4. I think you might be allergic to something in your environment. I have heard that if you do have environmental allergies more than just infrequently, that plugs are a no-no.

Comment

I have not heard of a reaction like that. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen. The long term dissolvable plugs are a synthetic material. The short term are collagen. I have not read literature about reactions to either of these plugs. There have been reports of reactions to the silicone plugs.

Comment

Working...
      X