No announcement yet.

First day on Freshkote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Clinitas Ultra 3 which is the UK version of Freshkote, it is available over the counter and is £8.50 (about $17).

Much more cost-effective than the single-use drops and I've been told the mild preservative it has is suitable for long term use.

Be careful though, with all of the bottled drops, you should only use them within 28 days of opening otherwise you are risking an eye infection.

I don't know about international shipping costs but I have only good things to say about the deliveries I've had from Matheson's:

http://www.matheson-optometrists.com/

Comment

Hi

I live in UK and have regularly bought products from Mr Matheson over the years. I have always found the service good and his prices very competitive. I know that he takes a keen interest in Dry Eye conditions and regularly attends conferences to enhance his understanding.

I am not on commission - I am just another customer who buys things from his on-site shop !

Sadly, I didn't get on too well with Clinitas Soothe although I thought it looked promising. I'm now having a go with Ocumed 0.2% hyaluronate but it's a bit up and down so far. Things started off well - I had about 36 hours of relative bliss but alas it was short lived. The past few days have been lousy. (Isn't that too often the case?)

Comment

Eye drop and allergies

I was wondering if any of you have had an allergic response to Freshkote. I have very sensitive eyes and respond poorly to lots of different eyedrops.
        (Soothe, Restasis, Azasite) They especially don't seem to move easily across my left eye.

Comment

I don't have an allergic response to FreshKote, but it feels different depending on how dry my eyes are in the moment. For example, all night long my eyes are coated with Genteal Gel, so they're pretty hydrated when I put my first drops of FreshKote in the next morning---it feels totally comfortable. In contrast, when I use it at midday or evening, the drops burn and I don't want to open my eyes till the worst of the sensation is over.

I've tried putting in PF drops first, then the FreshKote a few minutes later, which helps a bit. Another thing I do is wipe my lashes and lids (gently) with a wet tissue, and that calms everything down.

It's interesting that you say that "don't seem to move easily across my left eye"----I think I know what you're talking about. I'm not sure what causes that sensation, though. I definitely have that with Systane, Dakrina, and to some extent, Dwelle. Maybe the eye surface is just so dry that it sucks up the liquid in strange ways. The drop doesn't know whether to adhere to your eyeball or the inside of your lids and feels weird.

One thing I like about FreshKote is that is doesn't blur vision like PF drops do---but it can feel harsh at times.

C

Comment

I just wanted to chime in a say I have what sounds like the same experience when I use Freshkote or Dwelle. It feels like my eye contracts or something.. It is a strange feeling. I did like the way Freshkote felt (after the initial feeling) but I just couldn't justify the cost. I think I will try to just use Dwelle.

Comment

Working...
            X