GenTeal Gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenTeal Gel

Hello everyone - I was in Walmart today and saw that GenTeal Severe Dry Eye Gel was back on the shelves - finally. This is great news for all of you who need it but have been unable to find it. I am sure it will slowly reappear everywhere again.

Yea! I found some of this at Wal-Mart today. I've been using what Gaye sent me, but mainly during the day... I haven't tried it by itself at night yet. It doesn't seem thick enough to last. How much do you use?
    Missy

Comment

GenTeal Gel

Hi Missy - I put a small glob in each eye just before I close my eyes to sleep. For me, that does the trick for the whole night.

Comment

When I put the gel in my eyes it seemed to liquify and run out. I don't know how much was actually staying in there. Is this how yours does?

Comment

GenTeal Gel

It does pretty much do that, so don't use too much. For me anyway, it coats my eyes and gives me longer lasting protection through the night. Kind of goopy, but decent relief.

Comment

thanks to this site i got my gen-teal gel from australia and it is great at
            night.it also was quickly sent and pretty cheap.

Comment

Is it (Gen Teal) gel or is it ointment?

Originally posted by Gaye
              Hi Missy - I put a small glob in each eye just before I close my eyes to sleep. For me, that does the trick for the whole night.

A small glob sounds like an ointment to me. Either way since my eyelids apparently don't stay tightly closed when I sleep(thank you LASIK procedure), I wake up at odd times during the night with 1 or more eyes in some amount of pain. No matter what I have spackled, or dribbled into my eyes before sleep. I am still looking for the silver bullet.

Comment

GenTeal Gel

is a GEL. Not an ointment. Comes in a tube......Think of jello for consistency. You can't do a "drop" of jello. It would be a glob.
                Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

GenTeal Gel

Thank you Lucy for helping clarify my description. Ointment would be a strip or line.

Comment

Sounds like we need to add a dry eye encyclopedia entry for "glob". Just above the one for "goop".
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Genteal

Originally posted by juninho
                      thanks to this site i got my gen-teal gel from australia and it is great at
                      night.it also was quickly sent and pretty cheap.

Juninho ( you have to be from the boro )

I have been advised by Gaye to look for some Genteal gel for night time use, which you also seem to have found works.

Interested that you had to get yours from Oz, is it not available in NE England as that is where i am from and am about to start searching for it.

Perhaps there are simular products ?

cheers
                      ben

Comment

GenTeal Now?

I know there was a "recall" on GenTeal Gel just recently after being basically "unavailable." Now that the recall has been completed (I'm guessing) is anyone finding GenTeal Gel on their local shelves? Every time I'm in the eyeball section of any store, I always look to see if they have GenTeal Gel. I have yet to see any.

I am not a heavy user of GenTeal, but I like to have a tube on hand with my other dry eye stuff. Cindy sent me one several months ago and I'm still rationing it!
                        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I've seen it at several CVS's.

Comment

I saw you can import it to the UK for $64 from medichest.com not going to tring this then!
                            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Tell the pharmacist: Genteal Gel

I had the pharmacist at my local Walgreen's order it about 3 weeks ago. She kept saying "it's not available" (still going on the previous situation up until October, I guess it was). I told her to check with her supplier, and she found out it was available. After she ordered my 2 tubes, she got another 15 tubes for the store. You have to tell the people running the stores--they get busy, and they don't know that it's now available.

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X