More options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More options?

I go back to be checked by my ophthalmologist at the end of the week. So far I have lower flow controllers, use Restasis and use Systane Ultra for regular wetting drops. I also took it upon myself to start taking Flax supplements to see if that would help anything. I was also told not to wear my contacts for 3 weeks, which has been tough but I've managed. Although my eyes feel better I'm still worried that they won't be good enough, and that I still won't be able to wear my contacts. I just want to be done going to the Dr. every other week and figure this Dry eye out. What are the other options? If my eyes are still dry what else is there to expect?

also I wanted to ask, what does it mean if your eyes feel cold? Just a cooler feeling than usual, is this another Dry eye symptom?

Comment

Originally posted by elvishthistle View Post
      also I wanted to ask, what does it mean if your eyes feel cold? Just a cooler feeling than usual, is this another Dry eye symptom?
      Eyes feeling cold is most definately a dry eye symptom. The best way to help with that is to get some moisture chambers. These are basically glasses which have foam inserts that protect you from your surroundings like wind. Some brands are wiley x and panoptix. Both of these can be used with perscriptions.

Comment

The cold feeling is sometimes described here as a 'menthol' sensation. You'll find a fair amount of discussion about it searching on that word.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
          The cold feeling is sometimes described here as a 'menthol' sensation. You'll find a fair amount of discussion about it searching on that word.
          Oh ok thanks for the info, I'll look up more information. It's weird, I've never had that sensation before but I much prefer it over stabbing pain.

Comment

Working...
          X