No announcement yet.

new silicone plugs are hurting my eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new silicone plugs are hurting my eyes!

Im really worried about this. I got silicone plugs for the lower lids on friday morning & have been dealing with a horrible burning pain on the inner corner of my eyeballs, the white part is all red & veiny from the white caps of the plugs scratching them... is this pain supposed to go away? I think Im going to call my doc tomorrow & make an appt. for Thursday(the earliest I can return to her) & if they are still painful by Wednesday Ill get them removed, if I feel better Ill just cancel the appointment. But I really cant see myself getting used to these, at least not these cap style plugs. Im so dissapointd b/c I was really hoping theyd work...I cant tell if they are helping with my dry eye or not b/c all I feel is pain!
    miserable in Miami...

They definitely should not hurt at all or touch your ocular surface. (You may feel them a bit when looking off to the side though, but that goes away after a while.)

When I had them we had to try several different brands in order to find ones that did not touch my eyeball. Oasis plugs were what worked best for me. No rubbing on my eye at all & completely comfortable. (I remember Eagle was the worst for me.)

Call your doc for sure and have them put in some different ones. Good luck!

Comment

thaks for your reply. My left plug fell out Thursday night & Friday I went and had the other one removed, they were too small but those were the biggest size she had of that kind. Next week Im gonna try Lacriserts & then if that doesnt help she wants me to try Smartplugs which Im a abit iffy about. This is so frustrating.
      miserable in Miami...

Comment

Working...
      X