Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SURVEY: Your favorite plugs and the worst?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SURVEY: Your favorite plugs and the worst?

Dear all plug users,

I’m currently in the process of looking for that elusive set of plugs that will help keep my eyes from drying out. I thought it would be helpful if we put all our plug reviews and experiences in one place so that future Dry Eye Zoners can use them to help find the right set of plugs without going broke first.

With this survey I would like to make our plug experiences as helpful as possible to current and future members by being specific. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read a great post by someone but they didn’t know what type of plug they had so I still didn’t know which one to try or avoid

NOTES:
    If you haven’t tried any bad plugs just skip the Worst plug section for now and vise versa for the Favorite plug section.

Also feel free to update your list as you try new plugs and feel free to list as many as you’d like.

For punctum size just use whatever your doctor measures your tear ducts at or whatever size the plug that fit you best was.

EXAMPLE POST:

My punctum size: .5mm

Favorite plugs:

Size One Size Fits All Brand Oasis Type Form fit

Size .7mm Brand Odyssey Type Parasol

Size .5mm Brand Eagle Vision Type DuraPlug (60-180 Day Absorbable)

How long did they last:
    DuraPlug-3 months, Odyssey Parasol- 1 year, Oasis Form Fit 3 years on going

Comments:
    The DuraPlug itched for the first week but settled down. I liked that it was dissolvable because I didn’t have to go to the doctor to have it removed. The Odyssey Parasol worked great but I kept accidentally scratching it out. The Oasis Form Fit has worked great so far, no problems

Worst plugs:
    Size One Size Fits All Brand Medennium Type SmartPlug

Size .7mm Brand Eagle Vision Type Eagleplug

Size .5mm Brand Eagle Vision Type Flexplug

How long did they last: Flexplug-2 weeks/4 weeks/1 week, Eagleplug-6 months, SmartPlug 2 years

Comments: Flexplug was too loose so it just kept falling out and was the most scratchy out of all the plugs I've tried, Eagleplug was too big so the cap broke off while they were pulling it out. I got an infection a week later. The SmartPlug worked great for 2 years then it migrated to my lacrimal sac and got infected so I had to get it surgically removed
    Last edited by PRK; 27-Mar-2011, 07:24.

This post might be a little easier to start with, you can click on "Reply With Quote" on the bottom right to get the same bold and color format then just replace the sections with your own info.

EXAMPLE POST

Favorite plugs:

Size One Size Fits All Brand Oasis Type Form fit

Size .7mm Brand Odyssey Type Parasol

Size .5mm Brand Eagle Vision Type DuraPlug (60-180 Day Absorbable)

How long did they last:
    DuraPlug-3 months, Odyssey Parasol- 1 year, Oasis Form Fit 3 years on going

Comments: The DuraPlug itched for the first week but settled down. I liked that it was dissolvable because I didn’t have to go to the doctor to have it removed. The Odyssey Parasol worked great but I kept accidentally scratching it out. The Oasis Form Fit has worked great so far, no problems

Worst plugs:

Size One Size Fits All Brand Medennium Type SmartPlug

Size .7mm Brand Eagle Vision Type Eagleplug

Size .5mm Brand Eagle Vision Type Flexplug

How long did they last: Flexplug-2 weeks/4 weeks/1 week, Eagleplug-6 months, SmartPlug 2 years

Comments: Flexplug was too loose so it just kept falling out and was the most scratchy out of all the plugs I've tried, Eagleplug was too big so the cap broke off while they were pulling it out. I got an infection a week later. The SmartPlug worked great for 2 years then it migrated to my lacrimal sac and got infected so I had to get it surgically removed
    Last edited by PRK; 27-Mar-2011, 07:27.

Comment

When your smart plug migrated to your lacrimal sac, what type of surgery did they use to remove it?

Comment

I believe I had only had smart plugs. I had the first two put in. On the way home from that appointment one fell out so I had to go back and have it replaced. Ultimately I had four at one time. Two were removed. One is still there. One migrated, I'm not sure where it is. Plugs never really helped me. They itched and irritated my eyes for the first two weeks they were in.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
        X