partial cautery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partial cautery

I had a three-snip punctoplasty to open up my "stenotic" puncta on one eye six weeks ago. I am going to wait several more months to ensure it's all the way healed, but so far we drastically overcorrected the situation and I now have a dry eye. I have some questions about cautery/partial cautery:

1. The three-snip punctoplasty removed a chunk of inside-lid tissue surrounding the punctum for both upper and lower, and I have a bit of a crater there now, especially on the upper. Would cautery cause me to have an even bigger crater or loss of tissue?

2. Has anyone had any experience with partial cautery (or partial laser occlusion)?

3. I've read of a punctal patch procedure using some transplanted conjunctival tissue (which sounds horribly painful)...anyone had any experience with that?

4. Is there anything I can do to help regrow some of my lost tissue? I went in for what I was told was a one-snip (no tissue removal) and I was devastated when I realized that oculoplastic surgeon had done a three-snip instead. This is really causing me a lot of emotional grief, that I went in for an elective procedure that worsened my situation so much.

5. Is there anything I could do to get my puncta to scar over (on purpose)?
Working...
X