This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi willwork4tears,

I absolutely agree with you that doctors just "slap" the patients with the treatments for that category and hardly take any time to research or customize treatments to individual patients.

Also unlike indrep's experience, in my case no doctor has ever agreed to prescribe anythig that I have asked for; the most that I have achieved by begging a doctor to prescrib something is that the doctor went to research a bit, and when he realized I am right, almost looked angry with me, and tried to defend his reluctance to prescribe what I was asking for. That does not only apply to eye doctors, but to most others I have been to.

May be in the US prescriptions are indeed consumer driven and people can just ask their doctors to prescribe whatever. My impression though is that most people on this website complain that it is very hard to even get the doctors to sympathize with their pain.

I remember having a huge argument with a doctor who would not prescribe Restasis for me (in the beginning of my troubles), who kept saying that I should be taking antibiotic drops instead. I had a lot of battles with doctors over time, and in the end I just gave up asking them to listen to my opinion. The moment I saw that they are trying to "slap" me with a treatment that has already done nothing for me, I just used to leave. The doctors I have been to were hardly "consumer-driven" and they were taking offense if I try to voice a preference for treatment.

Comment

Working...
    X