Has anyone had success using Alrex/Lotemax with Restatis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George-

I don't think there's just one response to Restasis--the worse shape your eyes are in, the worse it burns. I'm not sure the quick fix of using Lotemax beforehand is really the answer. If you can get your eyes in better shape, the Restasis burns less. But I think some people are truly allergic to it and will never be able to tolerate it.

How long do you think you'll keep trying? The burning is not a good thing.

I had 3 experiences with Restasis. The first trial was for 3 months, and the burning was awful--but it occurred right when I put the drop in, and subsided gradually.

The 2nd and 3rd trials were after my eye surface was in better shape--due to using Genteal Gel at night. It didn't burn that much--it was tolerable--but my eyes gradually got "worse" during the time I used it. I had almost constant irritation, blurry vision, and corneal edema. My vision, especially the astigmatism, got worse, and I stopped when I got blepharitis.

I've been off of Restasis now for 2-3 months, and in retrospect, I think it might have increased my tears by a tiny amount. But the negative effects--the burning, irritation, and edema weren't worth it. I'm glad I quit.

C

Comment

Working...
    X