Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get restasis if u live in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it all looks legit and good. Manufactured Jan '07 so not as if it is old stock (which I was worried about). Nice thing is the sealed holder that I received thrown in for the bargain.

I'm only applying to one eye so I reckon I'll get 2 days out of one vial (4 applications).

PS. I'm gonna try see if the $30 packs on Ebay will ship to the UK.

Ian.

Comment

Restasis in UK by prescription?

I read through the whole of this thread with interest as I am British but living in Switzerland and have been trying to get restasis through my eye doctor here for the last few years. He would like to prescribe it for me but Restasis cannot legally be prescribed by a doctor here in Switzerland as it is not on the Swiss list of approved medications.

So I wanted to know what is the situation in the UK. Is Restasis an approved drug in the UK or not? Is a doctor allowed to prescribe it to a patient in the UK if it is not approved?

The issue of whether its a drug that is covered on prescription by the NHS is not an issue for me, I just need to know whether its approved. If so, I could come to UK and get it prescribed.

Thanks

Comment

My understanding is that it is not MHRA approved but like other non-approved drugs can be prescribed on an unlicensed basis. If someone knows otherwise please correct me.

Or you can borrow a dry-eyed pooch whilst in the UK and get a veterinarian to prescribe cyclosporin with no trouble at all.

Many countries have at least some means of permitting doctors to prescribe unapproved drugs on some kind of compassionate use basis (when there is nothing else available to treat that condition).
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X