Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my tear ducts cortaurized so I can't answer that question.

Duke University Medical center does the Jupiters and I think the product sold by Boston lenses is very easy to find northwest of the Mason dixon line.

My optician told me there are other labs producing the vaulted sclerals. The Jupiters were the only type recomened to me and I can't travel to find the Bostons so that's what I'm working with.

If you gave your general location, perhaps someone here could make a recommendation for you.

Even with all the trials I still feel this is the answer for me. I think that with my history they should have used the larger lenses from the start. But my corneas are horribly irregular and not everyone has that issue

Comment

Thanks Max, I sure hope they work well for you. I am in Vancouver, Washington. So anything in the Portland metro area would be great. I could also drive to Seattle. My eyes won't like it but I can do it. I can go anywhere if it's a one time thing, I think though that since there would be follow up visits, it would be hard to travel a ton, as desperate I am for relief, it's not practical for me, I can't get time off my job and it would be costly

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy View Post
        Thanks Max, I sure hope they work well for you. I am in Vancouver, Washington. So anything in the Portland metro area would be great. I could also drive to Seattle. My eyes won't like it but I can do it. I can go anywhere if it's a one time thing, I think though that since there would be follow up visits, it would be hard to travel a ton, as desperate I am for relief, it's not practical for me, I can't get time off my job and it would be costly
        With each site there is way to contact the manufacturer and ask if they serve your area. My problem is I only know of two types of vaulted sclerals.

Rebecca has been so help to me its incredible. I even sleep better because of her and she talked to my husband on the phone and suggested goggles.
        I would suspect she knows of other types and might help you. I'll do a google search for scleral lenses in Vancouver to start with and see what I can come up with.

Comment

I put Vancouver, WA in quotes and then scleral vaulted contact lenses, dry eye in Google

and found this which is complex reading.

http://www.medicinenet.com/corneal_d...er-wa_city.htm

http://www.medicinenet.com/dry_eyes/article.htm

Comment

Working...
          X