Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I wear cute glasses. In May I found out I needed progressive lenses so got a "modified cat eye" style frame and really love them. I get lots of compliments on them too.

Comment

very cute style!! my friend wears those. i have a heart/oblong face so they don't look good on me-i wear rimless usually or a light metal frame-small lenses.. i think my rimless look the best and of course i love my Zienna sunglasses even without the shield (on good days!) .. i wear my shades a lot!

Comment

I agree with what all of you are saying!! I just have a very difficult time getting good vision from glasses. I am just fine outdoors with my prescription sunglasses but inside I really struggle wearing glasses. Maybe it is the glare? and part of my problem is one of my eyes is dryer and also the prescription is stronger..I don't know but it drives me crazy..especially when I go shopping. Too much with glasses on and not enough without the glasses. When I wear a lens in one eye I seem to balance.

Will I try again?? Maybe, but under a doctors care that won't mind me bothering him/her all the time...I have gotten quite neurotic about my eyes !

Karensumner,
        Be wary of ANY procedure that messes with your cornea..either sugery or laser. It can make your dryness worse. I have had both and it increased my dryness 100%.
        Last edited by abbygirl; 07-Nov-2013, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by abbygirl View Post
          I agree with what all of you are saying!! I just have a very difficult time getting good vision from glasses. I am just fine outdoors with my prescription sunglasses but inside I really struggle wearing glasses. Maybe it is the glare? and part of my problem is one of my eyes is dryer and also the prescription is stronger..I don't know but it drives me crazy..especially when I go shopping. Too much with glasses on and not enough without the glasses. When I wear a lens in one eye I seem to balance.

Will I try again?? Maybe, but under a doctors care that won't mind me bothering him/her all the time...I have gotten quite neurotic about my eyes !

Karensumner,
          Be wary of ANY procedure that messes with your cornea..either sugery or laser. It can make your dryness worse. I have had both and it increased my dryness 100%.
          Thanks for the warning.. i def am not interested in ICL even tho everything i have read-it doesn't increase dryness-but it looks like the old lenses could increase pressure (not good sense i used to be a heavy steriod drop user and still use lotemax ointment as needed) and other scary-like loss of vision, detached retina--again 1% or less but still too scary--why mess with something..

what did you have done-you said you had both laser and a surgery?

i wonder if your rx is way different from one eye to the next? with the contacts in yes i could look all around and see 100% it was great-but i am so used to glasses it doesn't bother me. i have a pretty high rx too -4.75.... i get the anti reflective coating /uv all that stuff and have hi index lenses. maybe its the lens you have ? i have no clue just throwing out suggestions ? i assume you are not wearing contacts either.. it isn't worth it for the pain...

Comment

Hi Karen,
            It 's a long story! I have worn glasses/contacts since 6th grade. I have progressive myopia. My prescription was around a -15 along with astigmatism. When you are that near sighted it starts to effect your retinas. That was my first complication & I had to have laser surgery to repair the retina. Dry eye followed ( so did hormone changes). Due to laser surgeries this speeded up the cataract formation so I elected to have the IOL surgery. I can get along OK without my glasses (now much thinner) in the house but need glasses to drive etc. I am having a terrible time adjusting to glasses so that is why I would love to be able to wear at least one contact.

Comment

i understand.. my mother wears about a -12--so she cannot see far or near without her glasses and she has always said even with glasses she still cannot see like most can with corrective lenses... she never wanted to dry contacts and hasn't..
              tx for explaining!! Makes sense!

Comment

i am not going to try any more contacts but check this out from mayo clinic
                http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dry...ents-and-drugs

Covering your eyes with a special contact lens. People with severe dry eyes may opt for special contact lenses. These contact lenses help protect or shield the surface of your eyes, trapping moisture close to your eyes in order to relieve your dry eyes symptoms. Ask your eye doctor whether these special lenses, called bandage lenses or corneal shields, are an option for you.

i guess for some this does work?

Comment

Scleral lenses are probably a better option for the average dry eye sufferer that doesn't have corneal damage. Correct me if I am wrong anybody, but I think that bandage lenses are a temporary lens to protect the cornea when there is damage or after some surgical precedures....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                    bandage lenses are a temporary lens to protect the cornea when there is damage or after some surgical precedures....F/G
                    I used bandage lenses on and off when I had a recurrent corneal abrasion, after stromal punctures and after surgeries. The longest I used them was about four weeks in one eye. Never had sclerals.

Comment

yes whenever my docs suggest bandage lens--they are referring to a reg soft contact lens... I couldn't imagine shelling out thousands of dollars to wear a bandage lens for a few days/weeks. i think if you couldnt tolerate a reg lens then you would probably tape your eye shut-i have done that before for a day along with ointment and it helped heal an abrasion..

Comment

Working...
                      X