This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ian,

So sorry to hear of your plight. It is so wierd, but I could have written the same thing. We are all in the same boat. It is good to laugh because we have no choice. Hope you are able to try out the contacts again soon. Also want to continue to be kept abreast of your progress. Whenever I wear my contacts (once a year to a special function), the next few days are not good for my eyes. I am hoping and praying that is NOT why you are having these issues... God Bless!!

Comment

Judy,

I'm sure it's not the contacts, as I get these cycles all the time. My eyes are feeling better so will try the contacts at work this afternoon......yes, I'm a glutton for punishment....:-)

The good thing is that with the contacts in I'm free to wear the onion goggles.

I'm awaiting the proper moisture glasses, but have already prepped the folks in my office......I'm sure they'll laugh when I put them on.......but do I care?......NO!

The other thing I feel pretty positive about is the future. I'm sure that in the next few years there will be some advances....even if it's just better drops if not a cure.

Ian.

Comment

Ian,

Great! Also, I was just remembering, when I have worn my contacts, I have usually treated my eyes with Visine to get the red out first which may have been the reason for my next several days of nastiness! I know, I know, why the heck would anyone do such a thing? Really not smart! Well, I guess it has to do with vanity Have a great day, Ian!

Judy

Comment

IanJ,

Anything new to report?

Comment

The hardest thing I'm finding is getting used to close-up work with the lens in, i.e. I can't see so close up with the lens as I can do with my specs (same prescripton). I find that with the lens in and depending on how hydrated my eyes are will have an affect on my close-up work. I have reading glasses for that, but they are 1.0's and are too strong for me.I need 0.75's.

At work, I've settled into a routine now..........I don't wear the lens until my eyes start to sting....usually lunchtime.....then I pop th elens in and the stinging goes away......I'm then good to go for the rest of the day.

More news when I get the goggles (on order).

Ian.

Comment

Hi Ian,

How are your eyes and the contacts doing? How about an update! Thanks, Judy

Comment

How about the acuvue HYDRACLEAR® Plus?

Is it the same for dry eye?

Comment

Working...
                X