Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone not get DES relief from Synergeyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone not get DES relief from Synergeyes?

I was reading threw a few posts, and many of them seem to point at dry eye relief from Synergeyes lenses?

I am thinking about making an appointment and trying these out? I would love to be able to use contact lenses again.

I can use soft lenses now, but by about 3 hours, my eyes seem to dry up, and they become noticeably redder. I don't use them anymore and haven't for a while.

Its rather interesting since a lot of these soft contact lenses are marketed in a way that makes you think they'd be great for dry eye, such as acuvue oasys.

Can only wear soft ones for about 3 hours or so as well, so do so rarely. I would try them if there was a single optometrist where I live that fits them, no one in the whole country...

If you can find one, you should try them, rubyslippers has had great relief from them.
    just keep swimming...

Comment

Yes, I saw RS's posts.

I am going for a fitting this Thursday. Hopefully they bring me as much relief.

Comment

I have not tried them...

but wanted to since I can only wear daily disposable soft lenses for a few hours at a time and my eye doc said "no way" when I asked her about them. She said that if I can't tolerate soft lenses that there's no way I'd be able to tolerate the Synergeyes. I suppose it depends on how dry youe eyes actually are.

Comment

I tried them and couldnt tolerate them, then i cant tolerate soft contacts for more than 5 mins due to dryness. My eyes are just too dry for any contacts, have hardly any medium gland function.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I went to an eye doc several months ago and tried to get Synergeyes, and my eye doc told me since I couldn't use eyedrops, I couldn't get them. Since then, I have found an eyedrop (prescription) that I can tolerate. It's called FreshKote, and it's really good.

I'm going to try again, but with a different eye doctor who will get samples. This doctor doesn't. Otherwise, he's good. I'm going to check with the Synergeyes people to see who does samples.

Thanks!

Comment

Any experience sharing on "silicone hydrogel lenses"

Saw somewhere said contact lens reduce the sensitive due to dry eye.
              Do new silicone hydrogel, or RGP lens helps?

Comment

I am curious whether Rigid Gas Permeable lenses are better for DES sufferers than Synergeyes? Anyone have any direct experience with the two?

Comment

I think Acuvue oasys are silicone hydrogels.... these dry my eyes out as well. So Id rather not use them.

The question that has been bugging me is whether Synergeyes are better than RGP lenses for dry eye?

Also, Ive heard good things about the Night and Day contacts.

The consensus seems to be that the less water % the contact has, the better it is for dry eye. Is this correct?

Originally posted by hkgcomet View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hkgcomet View Post

Hi,

Yup, I wear these (Acuvue oasys) and they are good. I am able to wear them all day without problem usually. Well, what I mean by that is that they don't add to my dryness at all. They help to take the pain away because they act as a barrier.

My right eye is lacrimal defficient and the eye doc told me that rather than the contact "floating" on the eye it is actually sticking to the eye. Not too bad a problem in itself as long as it's managed......i.e. I have to rest my eyes every few days to let the cornea heal a bit.

Ian.

Comment

I asked my doc about them. He said in no way would he put me in any kind of contact lens with my eyes as dry as they are.
                      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by alisonW View Post
                        but wanted to since I can only wear daily disposable soft lenses for a few hours at a time and my eye doc said "no way" when I asked her about them. She said that if I can't tolerate soft lenses that there's no way I'd be able to tolerate the Synergeyes. I suppose it depends on how dry youe eyes actually are.
                        I cannot tolerate soft lenses at all, not at all, but have been wearing my Synergeyes daily for nearly 8 months now. Heaven, just heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by jjright1 View Post
                          I am curious whether Rigid Gas Permeable lenses are better for DES sufferers than Synergeyes? Anyone have any direct experience with the two?
                          I have worn hard contacts for years and RGPs as soon as they came on the market. Once my dry eye got bad I could not tolerate the RGP's at all. I felt like I had blisters on my eyes from them.

Comment

Rubyslippers, if you dont mind me asking, what is the cause of your DES, or atleast, what have doctors told you?

It seems a lot of these contact lens "fitters" don't really know too much about DES. The one I went to yesterday, actually tried to convince me to use Acuvue Oasys again, because according to her "these are very good for dry eyes".

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
                            I cannot tolerate soft lenses at all, not at all, but have been wearing my Synergeyes daily for nearly 8 months now. Heaven, just heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by jjright1 View Post

It seems a lot of these contact lens "fitters" don't really know too much about DES. The one I went to yesterday, actually tried to convince me to use Acuvue Oasys again, because according to her "these are very good for dry eyes".
                              I would hope they do! Prior to my diagnosis of DES, I got an infiltrate (very painful pre-corneal ulcer) from wearing soft contacts 24 x 7. I now know that was one of my early signs of DES. I learned the hard way, if it is not comfortable to wear contacts, DON'T. You only have one set of eyes.
                              Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
                              X