This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pterygium

I have just had a pterygium removed using the amniotic membrane and tisseel adhesive. It has been 5 weeks now and I find out the graph has become displaced and another pterygium already formed because the graph slipped out of place. Does ANYONE know of the "best pterygium surgeon" for recurrant pterygium. I sure would appreicate any referals you might have. This has become a nightmare.
    Judi

Comment

birchlake

I had a ping removed on Jan. 10th-was scared to death. Had Dr. Brian Boxer-Wachler do it in Beverly Hills. He said it all went well-tool only 20 min. Today is the 22nd, 12 days post op and it is still very red. I noticed one of the blood vessels had turned a dk. red, which concerned me. I called Dr. Brian, he called back and said nothing to worry about. It continue to be very red and bloodshot. He said everyone heals differently. I see him on the 14th of Feb., hopefully it's showing some improvement by then.

Comment

Pterygium surgery

I had pterygium surgery 2 months ago and mine has been a nightmare also. It did not bother me before the surgery, except that it was starting to blur my vision, for the many years I had it most of the time I didn't even know it was there. I would like any helpful information anyone might have. It is driving me crazy it is so irritating, burning and painful. Nothing seems to help, it just keeps getting worse. I'm starting to think I might be allergic to some of these drops. Something is not right.

Comment

I forgot to mention I also have double vision when I look to the left which of course was not happening before my surgery. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It has been 2 months and my eye is way worse looking, double vision, burning, irritated with scar tissue almost on my cornea. I would appreciate any feedback.

Comment

Hey birchlake

How are your eyes doing? Are they recovering well?

Originally posted by birchlake View Post
            I had a ping removed on Jan. 10th-was scared to death. Had Dr. Brian Boxer-Wachler do it in Beverly Hills. He said it all went well-tool only 20 min. Today is the 22nd, 12 days post op and it is still very red. I noticed one of the blood vessels had turned a dk. red, which concerned me. I called Dr. Brian, he called back and said nothing to worry about. It continue to be very red and bloodshot. He said everyone heals differently. I see him on the 14th of Feb., hopefully it's showing some improvement by then.

Comment

I had two pinguecula removed from my left eye, and the surgery caused a partial loss in peripheral vision, and worse, iris ischemia (loss of blood flow to the iris). As a result, I have a permanently atrophied segment of my iris, so that the pupil is dilated and distorted in shape, and does not constrict properly in bright light. Finally, my dry eye is substantially worse than before surgery, to the point where my vision is decent in the morning, but degrades to very blurry within a half hour of waking. I had the surgery in September 2011, and am left with this permanent damage.

Comment

Working...
              X