Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

msienkiewicz - you mentioned you have ocular rosacea: what do your eyes look like? If you look at the pics in my profile, can you pls let me know if they look like that?

I was once told that "oh, it could be ocular rosacea" but that's about it!!! I do not have facial rosacea (or at least, I don't think I do...)

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Ocular Rosacea

Dan -

Ocular rosacea is usually diagnosed as the underlying cause of posterior blepharitis, or what is often referred to on this site as meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD). It can sometimes present before facial rosacea so is tricky that way. You need to find a good doctor who is able to diagnose you. There are many on this site who have had latent OR exacerbated by Lasik (Bernmee comes to mind). I have never had Lasik so am not too familiar with that however, so you may want to search the archive boards for it.

As for a surgery to remove eye veins, don't do it. Just don't. It is really pterygium excision surgery and no reputable Dr is going to do this to you for something cosmetic. Especially if you have dry eyes. There is one "Doctor" in Korea doing this, but take that for what you will.

As PianoLady says, the issue with "red eyes" is generally inflammation. If you quell the inflammation, your eyes should quiet down as well as feel better. Steroids in the short term and restasis in the long term can help. If you have MGD, low dose doxycycline may also be helpful. You need a good dry eye doctor to guide you through the trial and error process.

Hope that this helps.
      Gretchen

Comment

Dan,

You can google probiotic eyedrops and you will find the article. The eyedrops are not on the market right now but, maybe they will be in the future. In the article youīll see eyes of people that used the eyedrops for 4 weeks. the eyes looks a lot better I think. ( peolpe with "photophobic" , rosacea, hayfever could get better with the eyedrops it says in the article)

Do you have clear white eyes in the morning?

I am also convinced that the ointment/gel had a lot to do with this. My eyes were white right after my lasersurgery for 2-3 weeks and than when I started with this gel they turned red after sometime. I didnīt really see it at first. I didnīt feel anything either. (Now I have pain and mybe a few new veins)

Do you think sunglasses helps you with the redness? I do were them almost all the time too, but it dosenīt really help itīs just that I do not like looking people in their eyes.

Comment

Gretchen - Thank you for your reply. I did go on Restasis for about 9 months. The veins started pretty much at the same time. ALTHOUGH, I started the ophtalmic ointment as well at the same time. And I am convinced the ointment had something to do with it (I stopped Restasis before the ointment, and I would continue to have new vessels). I still have some Restasis at home: should I give it a try again? (I can't right now however, I am 7 months pregnant) I had thought of trying it after I was done breatfeeding. As for Doxycycline, I was put on it for about 2 months, with no positive results, just negative side effects, and so the doctor told me to stop, saying we would have seen positive results within the first month. I had tried another steroid eye drop (FML), which did not help either.

sanna - I found the article... thanks. In the morning, my eyes are whiter for sure (some of the big veins are very visible all the time however, the small ones seem to be invisible first thing in the morning for sure). I don't find sunglasses help for the redness at all.
          I find the veins are less prominent if I do not put artificial tears in my eyes (which I do every 2 - 3 hours) HOWEVER, if I do not put drops, I find myself having these huge headaches and tension in my neck. To me, it's not worth it: better feel good, and have ugly eyes than have nicer eyes, but feel like my head will explode!! Do you put drops in your eyes?

Comment

I had very dry eyes after my surgery, and had to use a lot of eyedrops but right now they are better but still red. I am only using eyedrops sometimes (before I go to sleep). Maybe my eyes are more red when I use the eydrops I am not sure, but thats why I do not want to use them. I do have pain in my eyes but I am not haveing headaches or anything like that. The pain dosenīt go away it is always there.
            I am going to another doctor in August. Hope she can help.

Comment

I see, to bad it can't be handled with laser. This **** is the worse thing ever, chronic red eyes -a shitty problem. Everywhere i look, all I see is white eyes, and people around me don't understand ****. Wellwell, quess I just have to keep droping myself.
              The cure: be open minded

Comment

Dan_can, I'd kill to have eyes that look as good as yours do.

I wanted to upload a picture, but at 1.4 MB it might be too big. Thats good cause it might have traumatized you all.

Anyone who wants to see:PM me.

You know the interesting thing is the girls I knew who used to be alienated from society because of their acne dont have any empathy for me either. They discovered accutane. Simple enough. They complained to me about how people treated them. Then they deserted me when surgery disfigured my eyes.
                Last edited by tiger99; 21-Jun-2009, 05:25.

Comment

Dan Can

Sorry for the late reply. My eyes appear much redder than your pictures. I have almost clusters of huge red vessels that actually concerned me enough to mention it to the dr as I had heard of cancer situations.

I don't even consider the redness anymore; I just go for the comfort factor.

Melissa
                  pianolady

Comment

Working...
                  X