Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said LasikLady!

Comment

Hey SAAG I got my lower punctals plugged today...

Comment

Originally posted by Keymaker View Post
        Hey SAAG I got my lower punctals plugged today...
        I hope it went well for you! Have you noticed any difference yet??

Comment

Dear Saag,

On the question of cyclosporine: due to pronounced inflammation in my eyes which was not improved much by steroids and 0.2% cyclosporine, I have been prescribed a 1.0% cyclosporine drop. It has made a much bigger difference than anythig else up to now.

Comment

I have one question. I have MGD, it was evaporative DE at first and then aqueous defficent too. How can you explain the lack of tears (besides abnormal evaporation due to MGD) ? May it be inflammation ? Has anyone with MGD tried Ciclosporine and got tears back ?

Comment

Originally posted by ringo View Post
              Dear Saag,

On the question of cyclosporine: due to pronounced inflammation in my eyes which was not improved much by steroids and 0.2% cyclosporine, I have been prescribed a 1.0% cyclosporine drop. It has made a much bigger difference than anythig else up to now.
              I've been thinking of your success with the higher cyclosporine concentration a lot! I hope my doc will be willing to give it a try! I won't be seeing him again until Feb. though...

Comment

Originally posted by cristiandryeyes View Post
                I have one question. I have MGD, it was evaporative DE at first and then aqueous defficent too. How can you explain the lack of tears (besides abnormal evaporation due to MGD) ? May it be inflammation ? Has anyone with MGD tried Ciclosporine and got tears back ?
                I think cyclosporine can help MGD for some people because of its effect on inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLIC View Post
                  on the fish oil, are you taking capsules? I was, but traded them in for some of the omega swirls Rebecca sells in the store. You get a higher concentration and the body absorbs it more easily.
                  The omega swirls are ausome! tasted great and may have made me feel a bit better... only problem is the bottle I bought only lasted me 5 days, the lemon swirls were like candy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLIC View Post
                    on the fish oil, are you taking capsules? I was, but traded them in for some of the omega swirls Rebecca sells in the store. You get a higher concentration and the body absorbs it more easily.
                    The omega swirls are ausome! tasted great and may have made me feel a bit better... only problem is the bottle I bought only lasted me 5 days, the lemon swirls were like candy to me. probably overdid it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron77 View Post
                      ...only problem is the bottle I bought only lasted me 5 days, the lemon swirls were like candy to me. probably overdid it a bit.
                      LOL

It's nice to know that there's a supplement out there that actually tastes good! Normally it's so BORING to take these supplements... just another dull capsule heehee

I'm a sucker for taste! It's kind of sad, but instead of taking a normal multi-vitamin for adults, I often take one of my son's chewable vitamins instead... they are just so darned yummy!

Comment

cautery

Saag,
                        I had my left lid upper and lower cauterized because the plugs kept falling out. But then I had to have it done again on the lower because the punctum had opened up again. Then, I was told a while later that they can open and it can be hard to get them really closed. I was supposed to get the upper done again, but instead I chose to get a plug put in. It fell out after 2 months, so I went to NY and got another put in by somebody competent. (guess who). So my advice is: get plugs. You know for sure when the punctum is plugged and you are not guessing if you are dry because the punctum has opened a bit after cautery.

Comment

you might try...

My last visit to my OD yielded a recommendation to take "wild caught" sources of Omega IIIs, and he wrote a prescription for Lovaza (4000 mg/day). Haven't noticed any real benefit yet, but he says it can take time. Also, I've been on serum drops for the last few months, these are about the nicest drops I've put in my eyes since Lasik. I don't think they're the cure for me, but a little comfort can help keep the spirits high. Good luck....

Comment

results finally

Age 50. computer programmer.
                            Had extremely dry eyes for 4+ months. at first only after showers and pool. than it got worse and worse.
                            doctorrs gave me the usual drops and gels. helped at first but not for long. Another doctor thought it was rosacea and gave me antibiotics. not sure if it helped but he also recommended hot compresses treatements few times a day over the eyes. so what I did is

1) flax seed pills
                            2) hot compresses over eyes 3 times a day
                            3) clean eyes with special eye cleaning patches 2 times a day
                            4) lowers my pc monitor (so its well below my eye level)
                            5) stoped going to pool and protected eyes in shower
                            6) lowered suger intake

All that helped and after 2 month I dont need any drops even though some dryness still exists

hope this helps

Comment

Hi, ubm ... Thanks for posting. How do you suppose lowering your sugar intake contributed to helping things with you? Thanks, Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X