No announcement yet.

allergies making dry eyes a lot drier??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allergies making dry eyes a lot drier??

Has anyone else noticed that their allergies to pollen and the outdoors in general in the spring has really made their eyes much much drier? I can only used the non preserved prednisone so I know not to take antihistamines, etc but it seems that I am soooo much drier than usual.. has anyone else noticed that their eyes are drier throughout the day with allergies??
    Jenny

Pre-LASIK, whenever my allergies would flare my eyes would be crazy itchy and dry... so it doesn't surprise me that allergies can worsen dry eye...

Hopefully your allergies will calm down soon!

Comment

Thank you for your response! Ok .. so I am not imagining it... yeah! thanks ..My allergies will be better probably in June.. spring time.. ahhh..thanks again... i don't feel so alone.
      Jenny

Comment

Not sure if you can tolerate the preservative in Opticrom OTC allergy drops, but they are antihistamine free so should not dry out eyes more. It is a weaker Mast Stablizer without the antihistamine.

Comment

antihistamines...

For me, not taking antihistamines (lodrane) leads to a worse situation, even though they do tend to make me a bit drier. You may want to consult an allergist, and see if they have any suggestions. Good Luck..

Comment

Today my eyes have felt MUCH drier then normal. It has been really annoying.

Comment

I don't really have seasonal allergies, but my eyes are MUCH drier these days. I guess the sheer volume of particles in the air, the high winds, and the low humidity cause it.

My eyes have been "toast" after 5 PM every day for the last month. ARGGGHH!

Calli

Comment

May and June

Maybe in the UK the pollen season is later. My normally much improved dry eye condition has been playing up severely since early May.
                Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

It's been the same with me

Whenever I am around animals or in the forest, my eyes would get really dry and itchy. I recently found out that I am allergic to many animals as well as to pollen, weeds, and grass...

BTW- I found out I am allergic to nickel (!) so last week I purchased nickel free titanium glasses. Hoping it could have some effect on my dry eyes...
                  Has anyone had a similar situation/allergies?

I started using drops for my eyes that are supposed to alleviate the allergies. My eyelids are also somewhat swollen, so I am hoping the medicine could help with that too...

Comment

Working...
                  X