Really, really dry workplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really, really dry workplace

Hello, I think my dry eyes is related to my workplace. The hygrometer in my classroom (I'm a teacher) is usually about 0-5% humidity and 80 degrees all winter -- sort of like teaching in a desert. I have terrible dry eyes at work but I'm generally OK (a little dry) at home.

Hi Tina,

I get the same problem at work as well. I use the computer a lot at work. In spite of taking breaks every 20 min and using artificial tears in between breaks, my eyes are still red like the devil and uncomfortable. At home, i barely use the drops more than 4-5 times a day.

I think it's really a mix of the air conditioning and the computer that is causing me the problems at my work place. I do not know if your scope of work has the same causes though. I guess things that could help is perhaps using artificial tears and wearing more wraparound glasses to retard evaporation of tears.
    If only I had known, I would have taken better care of my eyes....... I want to turn back the hands of time

Comment

Using drops 4 to 5 times per day is not "barely" using them. Over use of any eye drops causes dilution of the natural components of tears, and exposes your eyes to excess dosages of preservatives and whatever else is in the drops.

Try Dwelle - many folks with dry eye really like it. It helps improve your tear quality and promotes healing.

You may also benefit from wearing "moisture chamber" glasses that shield you from drafts and maintain a moist environment about your eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X