My fears [TRIGGER WARNING]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
    By flagging it I wasn't suggesting anything inappopriate was posted. There are viewers who appreciate a heads-up to be able to avoid suicide talk when they know themselves to be vulnerable. If you haven't noticed my other posts & blog, well, it's very important to me right now to try to balance the needs of people who need to tell their stories with the needs of those who are getting triggered. Dowork123 it seems to come perfectly naturally to you to wear your heart on your sleeve here, combined with a very articulate voice, but... for a lot of others it's just not like that. And Milo007 there's nothing funny about it. There's a lot of press coverage here about lasik and suicide right now that is hard for people.
    Yeah I know there is nothing funny about dry eyes. Even I was contemplating suicide a few months ago. It's just that I was able to adjust quickly with my condition. Still not funny at all. I bet each and every one of us has that dreadful feeling of uncertainty which is haunting every now and then. Life has been a real struggle off late.

Comment

But
      Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      By flagging it I wasn't suggesting anything inappopriate was posted. There are viewers who appreciate a heads-up to be able to avoid suicide talk when they know themselves to be vulnerable. If you haven't noticed my other posts & blog, well, it's very important to me right now to try to balance the needs of people who need to tell their stories with the needs of those who are getting triggered. Dowork123 it seems to come perfectly naturally to you to wear your heart on your sleeve here, combined with a very articulate voice, but... for a lot of others it's just not like that. And Milo007 there's nothing funny about it. There's a lot of press coverage here about lasik and suicide right now that is hard for people.
      Yeah, I am that way in real life as well. I have no secrets, so it’s hard for me to see how someone would have a problem talking/reading about any subject. I think I’m just the type of person for whom being triggered is extremely rare. So it’s hard for me to do exactly what you’re trying to do...find a balance between being honest and not disturbing people. I seem to scare people a lot. Good thing you’re here to fix it, thanks! Because I like the fact that I can just be honest on here without fear. That said, I’ll try to be as careful as humanly possible when I discuss suicide from here on out.

Comment

Working...
      X