3 months after Lasik regret/depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months after Lasik regret/depressed

Originally went into lasik MD wanting to get PRK. But they convinced me that it was an old procedure, Lasik is better, that i don't have dry eyes etc...they even had pamphlets "why would you even think about PRK?"
    I can't help but thinking if i did PRK my dry eye would eventually heal. After doing research i understand how much better PRK is for dry eyes. Research shows Lasik nerves will never be back to normal, while PRK heals back to about 90%. I feel so stupid for not walking away/ doing more research at the time

Anyway 1week after my procedure i got dry eyes, pretty much throughout the day they are uncomfortable and drops don't help much.
    I was told i have some MGD, to do compresses/massage and wait until 6months, but idk i am already convinced this is not going away because i have MGD. I have been PRAYING my nerves heal.

How are you now?

Comment

Have improved some but not cured. My eyes are less red, and burn less it's now mostly foreign body sensation wjich drives me nuts. I'm Looking into scleral lenses and hoping maybe I will improve more this year.

Comment

johnsonc22 how are u? Did u have a similar experience? I would love to hear Ur story.
        ​​​​​

Comment

Andriy do not lose hope, recovery from LASIK can take a long time, up to 1-2 years

Comment

Originally posted by andriy81 View Post
            Originally went into lasik MD wanting to get PRK. But they convinced me that it was an old procedure, Lasik is better, that i don't have dry eyes etc...they even had pamphlets "why would you even think about PRK?"
            I can't help but thinking if i did PRK my dry eye would eventually heal. After doing research i understand how much better PRK is for dry eyes. Research shows Lasik nerves will never be back to normal, while PRK heals back to about 90%. I feel so stupid for not walking away/ doing more research at the time

Anyway 1week after my procedure i got dry eyes, pretty much throughout the day they are uncomfortable and drops don't help much.
            I was told i have some MGD, to do compresses/massage and wait until 6months, but idk i am already convinced this is not going away because i have MGD. I have been PRAYING my nerves heal.
            How are you now?

Comment

Originally posted by jsh922 View Post

How are you now?
              still have foreign body sensations and dryness

Comment

What treatment plan are you at? What do you do to control dryness?

Comment

Working...
                X