MG atrophy 32 years old woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG atrophy 32 years old woman

Good morning everyone, I am Maria, I am 32 years old and I have been working in organic chemistry lab since my 16. I guess it is the main reason why now I have an important MG atrophie (photo attached). It makes me incredibly sad. I have also floaters, flashes of light (I've already checked my retina). My eyes are bloodshot and I don't wear makeup anymore. Will they be normal again one day? I live close to Paris, I had 2 IPL and LLM done but it seems to be hopeless. I took oral concentrateptives during 10 years, I have psoriasis on my head from time to time and chronic allergies, so I am really an excellent candidate to suffer from MGD. I changed a lot, every morning I wake up with suicidal thoughts. I am afraid of my future and noone I know have the same problem. I am sorry for my English and thank you very much for your attention. Good luck to everyone!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Do you know what your glands look like? How do you feel? I feel bad

Comment

Bonjour, Je suis française moi aussi. vous reste-t-il des glandes saines? Cela est important de le savoir pour les traitements

Comment

Hi Cissou, thank you for your message, I will reply you in English, just for taking a chance to catch more responses.
        I think it ius not very clear from the photo, I still have some glands, but not a lot and the most of them are short. I have a kind of IPL, but I am not sure that that's the real one. 5 flashes of IPL at each side and then I am put on a mask for 15 min (LLM? I think the right name). I don't know if it helps a bit or not at all. But I don't have a choice, it is the only option close to me. I have had a Lipiview in Barbizon, but it is far for me to go there. The doctor pushed on my glands and there was very little of oil. I feel all the time sand in my eyes and I can't put makeup on, I feel very miserable and ugly

Comment

Bonjour, j'ai fait des soins à barbizon, le médecin vous a dit quoi là bas ? Car ils sont très compétents et possèdent tout le matériel qui existe en France

Comment

They told me that it is about 2.5 stage (the worst is 4) They said that I need to be strong and proposed IPL or Lipiflow. Did it help you? How was your IPL? Was the doctor close ho you all the time?

Comment

En fait, j'ai peu d'atrophie mais mes glandes ont arrêtées de produire. Ils m'ont fait qmr et lumière pulsėe sur les paupieres et les joues. Ils m'ont relancé les glandes et cela semble s'améliorer petit à petit lorsque le médecin fait l'expression sinon je ne ressens pas d'amélioration. J'espère que cela va encore progresser. Le médecin est exceptionnel, c est lui qui fait les soins

Comment

Vous avez consulté quand à barbizon ?

Comment

Bonjour Cissou, do you know the reason why it stopped to produce the oil? How many times did you go there? My IPL lasted 3 minutes and then they put a mask LLM, so I think it is not really efficient. I feel like my hormones changed, since my lips are also dry, but I don't have an autoimmune disease. J'étais à Barbizon il y a 2 semaines, c'est très loin sans voiture! J'habite à Rouen

Comment

Bonjour loverdose, ma secheresse oculaire s'est aggravée subitement sans raison. J'ai eu 4 séances à une semaine d'intervalle et 1 trois mois après. À chaque fois, ils me disent que c'est mieux mais pas assez pour que le gras sorte en bonne quantité. J'y retourne en septembre. J'ai vraiment confiance aux médecins de barbizon

Comment

Vous pouvez essayer les lentilles sclerales

Comment

Hi loverdose, just wanted to offer some resources for you. I'm sorry I didn't see your original message earlier.

There is a French Association, https://sos-syndrome-oeil-sec.org/ that I'd recommend you reach out to!

I am part of the Dry Eye Foundation, based in the US. I can think of a couple things you might check out:

1) Our dry eye helpline. You can speak with Rebecca, a moderator on the forum and longtime patient advocate about the medical, personal, mental health, etc. impacts of dry eye. I'd highly recommend scheduling a call with her at calendly.com/dry-eye-helpline.

2) We also have some support groups, (e.g. a large-ish dry eye support group, a support group for young people with dry eye, and a support group for mental health), but the times aren't very well suited for you in France. Hopefully, we'll be moving our Friday groups to the morning on the west coast of the US, so you might be able to join. dryeyefoundation.org/calendar

Comment

Originally posted by Cissou View Post
                          Bonjour loverdose, ma secheresse oculaire s'est aggravée subitement sans raison. J'ai eu 4 séances à une semaine d'intervalle et 1 trois mois après. À chaque fois, ils me disent que c'est mieux mais pas assez pour que le gras sorte en bonne quantité. J'y retourne en septembre. J'ai vraiment confiance aux médecins de barbizon
                          Bonjour Cissou,
                          Please forgive my curiosity, how old are you? Did you have COVID just before the installation of your symtomps? Do you have red eyes? Are they better now? Do you have dry lips? sorry for so many questions!

Comment

Hi Aidan,
                            Many thanks for your kind message and nice tips. I will definitely participate in one of your zoom sessions!
                            Take care,
                            maria

Comment

Bonjour, je n'ai jamais eu le covid. Pas de maladie auto immune non plus, pas de lèvres sèches. Je suis en ménopause depuis peu ce qui n'arrange pas, j'ai 48 ans. Pas les yeux rouges non plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X