4 months after lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News

Well, we're at 6 months after lasik and things are getting better. The Lovaza (prescription fish oil) seems to be helping. And about halfway through January, after three months of nothing - the Restasis kicked in and I started needing 1/4 as many drops as before. I took everyone's advice and bought some of the night-goggles and they work great too. And an additional humidifier. I can deal with my eyes now - though I mourn that they will never be as comfortable as they were before lasik.

I went back to the eye doctor today and my eyes were 20/20 in the left and 20/25 in the right - though the astigmatism in the right eye still causes blurring. So just getting the dry eye somewhat under control (and another two months of healing) has corrected much of the near/far sighted problem and I'm not getting headaches quite as much. I'm glad everyone advised me to let it heal longer and not be pushed into an enhancement early. Even the eye doctor was surprised how much better I was seeing with a good tear and oil layer protecting the corneas! I still need to be on the Lovaza and Restasis (possibly for life, they said!) but things are looking up. My worst allergy season is coming up - so I really need to keep on top of things when I have to go on the nasty drying meds. Thanks so much for the support, everyone! It helped prevent me from making several mistakes.

Comment

Your vision and mine after LASIK are IDENTICAL. 20/20 in the left eye and 20/25 with residual astigmatism in the right. Isn't if frustrating the small amount of difference in vision can affect so many things?

I am still glad I had LASIK, and I will be even happier if I can get my dry eyes under control.

I'm glad to ready your story and see that things are getting better!

Comment

It does still surprise me that astigmatism can affect the vision so much. But at the same point - I was -5.75 and -6 in my eyes before lasik. I can now look out at night and see the stars as I lie in bed. I no longer have flop around trying to figure out where my glasses are because the world is so blurry without them I can't see past my nose. It's those little pleasures I try to treasure and think about as I struggle with the dry eye.

Comment

Working...
        X