Eyes feel dry, but not always uncomfortable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes feel dry, but not always uncomfortable

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and learning so much as I read the different posts and articles.

Here's something that strikes me as odd. I have dry eyes (don't know the cause, but I'm a high myope with 25 years of soft contact lens wear under my belt, no eye surgery). I'm currently on a doctor-ordered "break" from contacts, dribbling Refresh Tears into my eyes every hour or two, Restasis twice daily.

Anyway, the odd thing...my eyes feel dry most of the time, but sometimes -- like right now, as I type this -- it's not a bad feeling. It's just a "oh, they're dry" kind of sensation. And it doesn't bother me at all. Earlier today they felt dry and I was like, "AGGH! Dribble those drops in RIGHT NOW!"

In short, sometimes it bothers me, and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else feel this way? Could this be a sign (yes, I'm reaching!) that the Restasis is starting to kick in? I've been using it for about a month.

Well, any time your eyes feel OK for whatever reason, it's GOOD NEWS.

My eyes are extremely dry, too, but are comfortable as long as there is no inflammation. That's the conclusion I've come to. At times, dry spots on my cornea have been terribly uncomfortable, but that overall inflammation, with irritated red lids, thick mucous strings, chunks of mucous and debris, feeling like you can't keep your eyes open, drops every 5 minutes----that's the worst.

So yes, the Restasis might be starting to work (it reduces inflammation). But it might also be true that not wearing contact lenses has helped considerably. That was what really did it for me----my eyes improved gradually but dramatically since 3 months ago when I stopped wearing contacts.

But my eyes are especially prone to inflammation (and Restasis didn't work for me). Maybe after a long break from lenses---with the help of Restasis--you'll be able to return to wearing contacts.

Calli

Comment

Other posts on that product

Hi, mmouth.

Here is a link that discusses that product:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ture%27s+tears

I'm glad that it is helping you, if you are a real person. The three posts on the product make it look like spam, however.

Comment

Working...
      X