Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

never going to trust that doctor again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never going to trust that doctor again...

I know posting my story wont help me in any way, but its really frustrating and I really want to let it out, I am glad theres a forum for me to talk about it, and thankyou for those that are going to read my long story, I really appreciates it,

anyways heres my story:

I been using these RGP lens for almost 9 years now (wear them night time and I realize my eyes get dryer and dryer using them), in these 9 years I been going to the same eye doctor (lets call him Doctor A), whenever I ask him questions, he never clearly explain to me properly and always do a half assed job, i don't know if it is cause he is too busy or something, but anyways

Last October I decided to switched to daytime use (the RGP lens, i also brought a new night-time use RGP lens from him) and started working in a place where they put the heater up really high, worked there for around 2 months then I started to realize theres some problems with my eyes. My eyes would always get red after 4 hours of using those RGP lens (probably due to the dryness), so then I decided to stop using them, but it was already too late, those 2 months have damaged my eyes somehow, even when I don't wear them my eyes still get really dry. ) (by the way I been going to Doctor A from time to time during this period)

(forgot to mention, in October I talked to him about quitting using those RGP lens cause I really hate them and cant take it anymore, (for people that use them for a while probably know what i mean) but he strongly against it... So In October I brought 1 new Night-time RGP lens and 1 day-time RGP lens, which i mentioned early, from him)

Anyways I went to Doctor A again and see what was wrong with my eyes after those 2 months, but all he ever say its I have dry eyes (well no ****, thats all you been telling me since 9 years ago, but my condition only get worse n worse), so then he gave me those temporary Punctal Plugs and I left with just that and continue to wear them (that was around December 20th, thats when i quit the job and go back to school)

Here is the problem even when I stopped using those lens the bottom of my eyes are ALWAYS red and sometimes my whole eyes will go all red, which is very frustrating... after hearing some people telling me how Doctor A is no good I decided to go to another eye doctor (lets call him Doctor B)

I went to Doctor B 2 days ago, he told me I have allergy and dry eyes, and he said most likely is allergy to contact lens, and strongly suggest me quitting RGP lens.............. at that point I was really pissed at Doctor A, there is no freaking way he couldn't find out about that if he did his job properly. Its either he did a half assed job checking my eyes or he didn't want me to quit using RGP lens (cause he is buying those lens for all the patient and i am 99.99% sure he get money out of it)

anyways right now I am using OpticRom for allergy and Bion tears for dry eyes, been using them for 1-2 days now, condition still havnt improve... i hope by the end of week it get better or else I will have to see another doctor.........

I really regret trusting Doctor A for 9 years....9 years man.... but all he did is crumble that trust and threw it right in the garbage can like he dont give a **** about his patient. IF he did his job properly and fix the situation or informed me about my situation earlier, my eyes wouldn't have been damaged by working in that place... but its all too late now, its just screwing up my life, I lost motive to even study sometimes cause of this eyes. I really hope its just a temporary thing and that it will get better soon.

anyways thats my story Thankyou so much for reading this, I really appreciates it!!
    hope you have a nice day

way too soon to assume the worst

Hi, fullmetal. . .Sharing your experience most definitely helps those of us who get to read it. . .and I believe that sharing may actually be a crucial step on the road to your recovery, too. . .So thank you for sharing. . .We welcome this immensely. . .

Your eyes have been stressed tremendously, yes. . .thanks to a doctor who proved indifferent to your suffering and uninterested in whether the lenses could be stressing your ocular surfaces over time. . .

BUT, you have only now stopped using the lenses, and only just begun the journey of healing. . .It is entirely possible that your corneas, tear glands, and eyelid glands can all experience positive change in coming months. . .I don't think you have a very exact diagnosis, yet, of what has happened to your ocular surface and the adnexal glands mentioned here. . . but even if you don't get such a diagnosis right away, there are LOADS of things to get you going towards improvement as you figure out exactly what went wrong. . .

Artificial tears are smart, yes, because dryness is itself an added stressor. . .but many of us here choose to use special drops that have unique documented benefits for the cornea and its basement membrane. . .For example, the product DAKRINA, available here at the Shop, can help the basement membrane and also treat abnormalities in the goblet cells and mucin layer. . .This information is available at the web site of the entity that holds the license to manufacture DAKRINA, DWELLE, and FRESHKOTE. . .

In addition, just today, some of us discovered that dabbing a tiny bit of olive oil on the skin below and beside the eyes can help keep the eyes moist. . .

Moreover, some, like me, are probably never going to become normal again, BUT we get on really well if we use the right drops and also wear protective eyewear, some of which is gorgeous and chic. . .Please see our department on Moisture Chambers and Goggles. . .Some great products like this are sold here. . .More are about to become available, and some can be made for you on a customized basis. . .

The Shop here also sells an amazing solution called Tranquileyes. . .The literature on this speaks for itself. . .

To sum up: I would love you to consider Dakrina, olive oil (externally ONLY), and at least temporary use of protective eyewear indoors and outdoors, day and night. . .Do these possible solutions sound interesting? Also, it will be important to have your NEW doctor monitor your corneas while you pursue new therapies. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

thanks a lot rojzen for replying!!
      ya what you said make a lot of sense to me, thanks for the advise~
      I actually went to another doctor today, and she seem so far A LOT more "caring" than that Doctor A. We think that the allergy drop i was using is making my eyes a lot more worse, she suggested that I just use the Bion tears for now to see how it is and go back to her after 2 week.... I really hope I will get better... This is really depressing usually dry eyes come with aging but I am only 19... so different from my friends... to make it worse I m studying computer science right now, that mean a lot of times I will be infront of my computer.. I dont even know how my life going to be later on.. ha ha ha...

-a bit off topic:
      btw she said if she were Doctor A she would have NEVER let me use the RGP lens (night time wear one) cause my eye prescription 9 years ago was at 1000, which is absolutely NOT suitable for this so call 'treatment' by Doctor A. Once again showed me how Doctor just don't care about his patient health at all, money is probably all that he see.

Doctor A also told me that these RGP lens will prevent my near-sight from getting worse 9 years ago, I believed him from back then till now... cause three doctors (one include my family doctor) told me that thats not true, RGP lens DOES NOT prevent the chance of near-sight from getting worse. Now that I know about this I dont see the point at all of using those lens from the first place, in the end it just wasted me a lot of money.

anyways... thanks again rojsen for your reply and thanks for those that listened to my story.. thank you

have a good one~
      Last edited by fullmetal; 06-Feb-2008, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
      X