Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Confusion

Hi all,
    Went for my follow up check up today & not much good news.
    Seems like the two wk trial of Systane & Refresh PM didn't help much & eyes are still severely dry. So she has now prescribed me a 6mth trial of Restasis.
    She said my eyes are producing good oil, just not anywhere near enough of it. I asked her what I could do to increase the oil production and she said that Restasis will also help with that...I thought that Restasis was to increase tear production, not oil...maybe these come hand in hand?
    Apparently Restasis might cause some stinging which shouldnt last longer than 2 weeks & should see some results around 2mths of taking it.
    However, I emailed my old Dr & she thinks doxycycline , taken for an extended period of 2-3 months, in combination with something like Lotemax should do the trick.
    I don't want to take Lotemax for that long with the preservatives.
    I dont know what to do.
    I just wanted to update you all & say Thanks for the support.
    I will continue to update.
    Thanks alot.

Suneet.

Sunkeet, I'm certainly no expert, but I'm very skeptical about Restasis increasing oil production. I've never heard of it doing that. And I definitely wouldn't use Lotemax for 2-3 months. Never mind the preservatives, it contains steroids, which can cause glaucoma and bring cataracts on early, if you use it for an extended period of time.

I'd stick with the Restasis, since it can't hurt, but add preservative-free drops to your regimen (I like Celluvisc and Refresh Plus) and maybe some goggles and warm compresses. Systane helped me initially but then made my eyes redder. Sometimes you have to experiment a bit to find what works best.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X