Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hilarious dry eye story to make you smile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious dry eye story to make you smile!

We've all had experiences in our personal lives or workplace in which someone makes a comment about how bad our eyes look, right? Well, I work as a crisis counselor and I know all of you can imagine just how "scary" my eyes can be after being woken up in the middle of the night to go to the hospital and handle a crisis. The pager goes off and out of bed I jump, throw on my clothes, put in my eye drops, and go off to save the world. The man I was called in to assess was terribly drunk and under the influence of more than just alcohol. After several minutes of interviewing him, I noticed he just kept staring at me. Finally, he goes, " Man dude, I don't know how to tell you this, but your eyes are really freakin' red. Are you sure you're not high on somethin' too? Damn, you been partyin'? Wanna blow this joint and go have some fun?" It was SO embarrassing!!!! But I recovered quickly and told him "No, I am not high or drunk, I have Severe Occular Surface Disease." The poor guy was horrifed and apologized profusely since he now thought I had some horrible affliction. I have to say laying a little guilt on him was just a tad pleasant..hee hee. Just thought I'd share this funny story. Anybody else have a funny story to share? We need all the laughs we can get! Robin

Funny is good; thanks for that. The best I can do tonight is this (an oldie but a goodie)...but I'll be thinking about it.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=154
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

dammitmyeyes

My husband and my sons have a rather large ceramic cup that they throw their loose change into every day. Or at least for the past two years that's what I have thought they were doing. Apparently that's not what it is at all. I have recently discovered that every time I say "dammitmyeyes" and they are around to hear me utter those words, they have to put a nickel in the cup.

Clearly, I say "dammitmyeyes" a lot. I don't know what they do with the money.
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I have one....

I have several, but most have heard them before. I have a recent one I've been wanting to tell. The other day, I brought some produce in from the garden in a plastic bag and set it down by the door in the kitchen. A bit later, with the bag still sitting there, I saw a leaf lying by the bag. Not unusual as it's fall and leaves all over the ground.

I went to pick up the leaf and it was warm.........and it jumped......I almost had a heart attack. Then I grabbed a paper towel to grab this jumping leaf. I kept missing and finally I put a small plastic basket over the "leaf" so my husband could take care of it in the morning. I didn't sleep much, but when my husband got up early, I told him about the leaf under the basket in the kitchen. We went to the basket and the leaf was gone, the basket still upside down.

The leaf was a damn toad. We never found the thing and for a few days, I was afraid to sit down, pick anything up etc. It was a little bitty thing, but could jump high. It obviously came in with the produce in the bag. I have no idea where it went. I hope I never find out. I paid good money to get my vision so that I can't tell a leaf from a damn toad at my feet. I'm not tall either....5'1" so I wasn't looking far. Beware of what you touch or pick up.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy,
          You never fail to amuse me! That story was hysterical. Thanks for starting my day off on a good note!

Comment

Funny Stories

Thanks for the smile! It sounds a bit like the story I have, I had just come home from a trip to Germany, it was Christmas eve morning and after wearing warm boots for a week I thought the first thing to get done was a pedicure so I could put my sandles back on! I kept yawning and said to the woman next to me, 'sorry I have jet lag' she looked at my eyes and said 'oh!! I thought you had gotten a really early start on the holiday' she thought it was funny I was embaressed but laughed, guess I looked a lot worse than I thought ... Jumpy

Comment

I don't go out at night except very very big event...

I just go out few times at night for so much years.

I go out at night wearing a sunglasses!
              People just thinking this is a fxxxxxx cool guy, or a blind man. ^.^

Comment

Halloween ready!

During Halloween last year my son smiled at me and said “Mom you don’t need much scary make up, your red eye is pretty good enough”

Comment

Working...
                X