This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos!

You have great strength, and are spreading it around by posting here. I am so very happy for you, and admire how you keep rising to the challenges. I am sorry to learn of your hearing loss. It sounds as though you're taking it in stride as you do the dry eye, Sjrogens, and everything else. Thank you so much for writing this post. I'm kind of at a low point, and this is giving me courage to face what is, and move forward. Many thanks for your original post, and the updates.
    Maria

Comment

Thank you your post is truly inspiring!

I can really relate. I've had severe dry eye for 6 years now and no treatments have helped. Things turned around for me after I went to the US to try IPL, it didn't help, but I met my husband and this really saved my life! I realised I can still enjoy things in life and everything isnt doom and gloom. Before I met him, I was like you, scared to start a relationship for fear of rejection, but he was really understanding (he is hardly perfect himself lol)... Im moving to the US in 3 months! and I finished my university degree and obtained a 1st.

I have one barrier still left to conquer- and that's the world of work. Its a big fear I have had ever since I got dry eye- because Dry eye really effects my concentration and ability to function. I have to try 10x harder to concentrate and not be distracted by the constant symptoms.

How do you tackle the concentration issues caused by the distraction of chronic pain?

I have adapted strategies for trying to live a normal life, the main one (and this will seem weird to most people) I have a recurrent congested throat, this makes my eyes feel normal. So I try to live with as much as possible and I am able to get on with life much easier (i.e. read, less pain etc) than I can with severe dry eye. I still have dry eye when my throat is ok- and this really brings me down- because life is much harder with dry eye, I feel the depression coming back. But your story really inspires me to get on with life
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

2014 Update on Ms. Brightside

Hello everyone Its been sometime since I last visited, I happened to get a dry eye newsletter email, and made me think it would be nice to pay the site a visit. Back in 2007/2008 dry eyes were the center of my life. Nowadays its a part of my life but very far from the center. I wanted to give an update just to pay back the site for all the encouragement it gave me and hopefully encourage a few others that it really does get better. I work full time, currently in a happy relationship, watch movies/read books everything I did pre-Sjogrens and more. I have done all this with dry eyes and a hearing impairment. It makes me a better and more unique person and although certain things could be easier who can't say that. For so long I fixated on my impairments rather than my capabilities that it crippled me much further than Sjogrens did itself. But I can say that when I decided, with help, to regain control of my life I have been rewarded 10 fold. There were so many times that I wanted to just throw it all way now I look back and realize that if I did I would of missed out on all the wonderful things I have and will enjoy. I am also grateful that my experience helped open others eyes on some very important issues. For the doctors who treated me I hope I changed their perception on what a typical Sjogrens patient looks like or that dry eye is a real illness that can have rippling effects on a persons life and state of mind. I think both patients and physicians alike should be prepared to deal with the emotional effects of dry eye and its a disease not just strictly limited to the ocular surface. I also hope I changed people perception of depression. Prior to my dry eye I was someone who people didn't expect would ever need or seek emotional help and could handle stressful situations. It shows you anyone can become vulnerable to depression. It is a very severe disease in itself. I was fortunate to have people intervene and after getting the help I found my footing again. I just want to send my thanks and let the newbies especially know that its ok to be sad, its ok to be mad, its ok to be overwhelmed (when you feel that click off these websites though, give your mind and eyes a break) but its very much essential to keep pushing on eventually you will find the regimen that works. Keeping on going is the best medicine
        If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Hello Kimby2007,

Thank you soooo much for your update! I am really happy for you, that you found a place where life is happy
          Once I proposed Rebecca that former member could come to give their feedback about their lifes with dry eyes. It would be an enourmes help for newbies. I think that your witness can inspire a lot to overcome the challenge, the most difficult times, to have hope...!

So thank you again and be happy

Rute

Comment

Working...
          X