This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloe Vera

Hi I've been suffering from MGD for the past two years, I've seen all kinds of doctors, had meibomian gland probing last year without success, on December 13th I had my first IPL procedure done, since then however I've continued to have burning/itching sensations in my eyelids, I had punctal plugs placed last month and I think this was causing inflammation and itching in those areas, the doctor who performed the IPL suggested I remove them; I had them taken out two days ago, on that same day though I tried this remedy recommended by a friend outside the country, it consists of cutting a small piece of aloe vera and letting it soak overnight (not sure what this does to it, it may soften the outer skin), next day I applied the gelatinous substance to my eyelids, and I've felt relief from the burning and itching that I have not experienced with anything. I've used it last night directly on the eyes and have experienced a slight improvement (not total) but there are times during the day when I forget my eyes (thank God)...I'd like to know if other people have tried this....if you have please reply

Does aloe vera still work for you?

Comment

I have MGD too. I wonder about this therapy, since an aloe vera leaf isn't exactly sterile... would this be a significant infection risk?

Comment

Working...
      X