Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wouldn't eggs give you the same effect as the N-Acetyl Cysteine supplement? My eye burning lessens a bit on days I eat eggs, but the effect is barely noticeable for me.

Comment

Before I go ou and buy ANOTHER supplement any one else have success ?

Comment

I've been taking NAC since mid September. I read about it at Boston Beth Israel Hospital site: http://bidmc.org/YourHealth/Conditio...?ChunkID=38401 where NAC was used for a study in Sjogren's (admittedly a Very Small Study). I don't have Sjogren's, but thought it might be worth trying.

My goal is to increase glutathione (makes for happy corneas) and NAC is supposed to be a pre-cursor (it helps one's body to make glutathione). Taking oral glutathione just gets digested, the body has to make its own, at least that's what I remember reading. NAC has also been mentioned as a good thing to take to prevent flu......so I guess if it doesn't help my eyes, it may make me a little bit healthier. I think it helps my eyes, and think of it as just another tool in the armament to fight DE, along with fish oil, warm compresses, and all the rest of the "stuff" we all do. Some have urged it should be taken with Vitamin C and to drink lots of water. The bottle says it's the "stable form of amino acid L-cysteine, and acts as a protective antioxidant" I found it at a local Whole Foods and it's sold under their label, 600 mg. The label says to take 1 capsule up to 3 x / day. Hope this helps!
        Last edited by Blinks; 21-Jan-2013, 07:14.

Comment

just curiuos who else had tried nac.. i have tried on 2 seperate occasions.. years ago and recently for about 9 months... i quit a few weeks ago.. didnt notice it helping..
          Jenny

Comment

N-acetylcysteine had no effect for me. I took 600mg-1200mg daily for 14 days.

Comment

Working...
            X