Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasek has taken away dry eyes?

I know this is going to sound strange.

About 2 weeks ago I had Lasek eye correction (not Lasik!) you find out about my jouney on my blog: http://lasekblog.forwardsites.com/

Anyhow, I've heard that Lasek is suppose to cause dry eyes?

What I've found at work is that my eyes no longer get heavy (working at a computer 8 hours) & that they no longer get dry! I don't know if this is only temporary but it's a strange thing. I always though I'd suffer the opposite. Maybe because there not straining as much?

I don't know.

Not strange really... After any laser refractive surgery (including LASEK) your corneal sensitivity is reduced. This can take six months or more to return to pre-operative level according to the medical studies. If your eyes are feeling better than they did before surgery I would guess that's why. (The eyestrain factor may be part too though.) - For the same reason it's important to use artificial tears for as long as you're told to even if you don't feel like you need them.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Ah thanks for the insight, I'm using lots of eye drops. In fact I've already used 2 bottles (they only gave me one to last for a month!?). Why is it my eyes are getting less heavy at work? I don't even feel the need to close them at all now - same reason maybe?

Comment

Working...
      X