X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From about 60 drop a day to 0 drops a day

Hi!

Sorry for my english. Iīm from Sweden. I hope you understand me anyway.

My last 4 years have been quite terrible. Good days have been bad, and bad days have been worse. In periods so much pain that I would have cried if only my eyes had had the capacity...

Christmas 2012 was terrible.

Since Iīve seen on the net that more than one people have got cured by stop eating/drinking lactulose and gluten I thought that, what the hell, what can I loose if I try that?

I didnīt belive in it at all (since my eye doctor said that he had never heard about the connection) but to my surprise my eyes got quite fast better and better and I could step by step reduce the amounts of drops.

For 2 month now I have not used drops at all. I donīt think I have to convince you about how the change has effected my life...

What I do except from not eat and drink lactulose and gluten is:

4 capsules of Thera thears a day
    Warm (by micro wave oven) potatoes in a towel, two times a day - 5 min

But, Iīve done Thera thers and warm potatoes for a very long time and as long as I ate lactulose/gluten it was still terrible.

Letīs say that I have bearable pain at avarage 25% of the day (if I donīt drop, which I donīt - if needed, emediate reliase with warm potatoes) and at average 75% of the day I have absolutely no pain at all. And please notice, Iīm a cheater. I do not drink milk and my daily bread are gluten-free, but I cheat and eat Ben&Jerry in weekands and so. If I wasnīt cheating, parhaps I would be completely free from pain 100% of the time.

I hope this will help someone.

Originally posted by stockholm1980 View Post
    Hi!

Sorry for my english. Iīm from Sweden. I hope you understand me anyway.

My last 4 years have been quite terrible. Good days have been bad, and bad days have been worse. In periods so much pain that I would have cried if only my eyes had had the capacity...

Christmas 2012 was terrible.

Since Iīve seen on the net that more than one people have got cured by stop eating/drinking lactulose and gluten I thought that, what the hell, what can I loose if I try that?

I didnīt belive in it at all (since my eye doctor said that he had never heard about the connection) but to my surprise my eyes got quite fast better and better and I could step by step reduce the amounts of drops.

For 2 month now I have not used drops at all. I donīt think I have to convince you about how the change has effected my life...

What I do except from not eat and drink lactulose and gluten is:

4 capsules of Thera thears a day
    Warm (by micro wave oven) potatoes in a towel, two times a day - 5 min

But, Iīve done Thera thers and warm potatoes for a very long time and as long as I ate lactulose/gluten it was still terrible.

Letīs say that I have bearable pain at avarage 25% of the day (if I donīt drop, which I donīt - if needed, emediate reliase with warm potatoes) and at average 75% of the day I have absolutely no pain at all. And please notice, Iīm a cheater. I do not drink milk and my daily bread are gluten-free, but I cheat and eat Ben&Jerry in weekands and so. If I wasnīt cheating, parhaps I would be completely free from pain 100% of the time.

I hope this will help someone.

Hi, this was intresting. What was your diagnose? Did you do tbut and schrirmer tests, i.e were you lipid or watery deficient? I quit lactose a long time ago and are now trying to quit also gluten. By the way, what doc did you see in Stockholm? I live in Stockholm too.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
      Hi, this was intresting. What was your diagnose? Did you do tbut and schrirmer tests, i.e were you lipid or watery deficient? I quit lactose a long time ago and are now trying to quit also gluten. By the way, what doc did you see in Stockholm? I live in Stockholm too.
      Doctor: G van S (st:Eriks).

Diagnose: Absolutely drye. The shirmer papers came out as new... And terrible working glands too. In fact, my doctor almost seemed impressed by how bad they were... ("You really do have really really dry eyes...!")

PS.
      För övrigt är du hjärtligt välkommen att pm:a mig så fortsätter vi vår dialog på svenska.

Comment

Det ska jag göra senare idag! Samma doktor som jag!

Comment

Hey,
          Congrats on your success.May i ask what precisely u eat for breakfast,lunch and dinner if u dont mind?
          Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi Stockholm,

I also noticed improvements in my eyes when I made a drastic dietary change (in my case, mostly giving up wheat... like you, I cheat once in a while... maybe once every week or two)

Glad to hear of your success!!

Comment

I am glad to see this as I am a big believer in treating MGD from the inside. How long did it take before u seen improvements? Some things that I know for sure make me flare up are : any pop, anything from Starbucks, alcohol, sugary things, and also wheat. I have never completely eliminated it before but maybe it's a good time to try. It says in the book wheat belly that inflammatory conditions like acne never used to exist before wheat was modified to what it is now. People never used to eat packaged, processed food because it didn't exist yet so maybe there is something to it.. I'll challenge myself and post any progress.. P.S. for some reason NAC made me worse when taking 500mg.. I am not sure why but the three days
              I took it I was in hell. Weird. I stopped yesterday and my eyes cleared up.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
                I am glad to see this as I am a big believer in treating MGD from the inside. How long did it take before u seen improvements? Some things that I know for sure make me flare up are : any pop, anything from Starbucks, alcohol, sugary things, and also wheat. I have never completely eliminated it before but maybe it's a good time to try. It says in the book wheat belly that inflammatory conditions like acne never used to exist before wheat was modified to what it is now. People never used to eat packaged, processed food because it didn't exist yet so maybe there is something to it.. I'll challenge myself and post any progress.. P.S. for some reason NAC made me worse when taking 500mg.. I am not sure why but the three days
                I took it I was in hell. Weird. I stopped yesterday and my eyes cleared up.
                Faith, could be that NAC also thin out your mucus. If thick mucus isnt your problem then it may get worse. It is difficult when DES has so many different causes. In my 20s I had dry eyes due to contact intolerance and GPC. Thick mucus was running out from my outer corners of the eyes. A good doc then had the pharmacy compund acetyl systein eye drops. They were the only thing that really helped.

Comment

Yeah I was very confused about the whole theory thinking "wouldn't you want the mucous" lol It was very weird and sudden like as soon as I took it my eyes like burned so bad I couldn't open them and my lids were horrible. I was so upset it didn't work for me. I don't think I have to much mucus to tell u the truth. I am going to try a new diet out as my boyfriend is out of town so it might be a good time to start.( he's the one who makes all the tempting foods lol) Do you still have dry eyes? Or is it under control??

Comment

Stockholm, how long did this take for u to notice this difference?? And do u have inflamed lids? Did it help the lids at all thanks!!

Comment

I'm wheat, gluten and lactose free for about two and a half months. My eyes are better than in the winter. But maybe it is just because now is summer, more humid times. Anyway, the "better" means only that a i suffer less, but I can't stand AC, outdoors etc as usual.

Stockholm, great you found out the cause of your dryness.

Comment

I just got done with 5 weeks of no wheat/gluten (no cheating either)as well as no dairy and there was no difference in my eyes at all. Very disappointing. I may try NAC next.

And.....I almost forgot....I've been off of the birth control for sixth months too.
                        Last edited by alisonW; 16-Mar-2013, 17:39. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by alisonW View Post
                          I just got done with 5 weeks of no wheat/gluten (no cheating either)as well as no dairy and there was no difference in my eyes at all. Very disappointing. I may try NAC next.
                          Well good for you for at least giving it at try! At the very least, you've made progress in that you've ruled out wheat/gluten as a contributing factor, right? On to the next thing... with any luck, you'll figure this out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                            Well good for you for at least giving it at try! At the very least, you've made progress in that you've ruled out wheat/gluten as a contributing factor, right? On to the next thing... with any luck, you'll figure this out!!!
                            Thanks SAAG! I sure hope so.

Comment

Hi all! Sorry for late answer.

I noticed a change pretty quick - to my own big surprise. The first week I did warm potatoes several times a day. (Since my christmas was terrible I wanted to do "everything" at the same time.) From that quite quick change my eyes have improved gradually to where I am today.

I drink about two very strong cups of coffee a day. Friday and saturday evenings I drink about 3-4 glasses of wine (thatīs about what it takes to make me drunk enough to relax and not think about work and stuff).

I canīt say that I eat LCHF, bud I eat more fat and less carbs than most people, i.e. I eat "LCHF-light".

My eyelids used to be "semi-inflamed", what that might mean.

Btw, my doctor seemed happy and almost shocked at my last control; "you actually have drops! and your glands are much better too".
                              Last edited by stockholm1980; 19-Mar-2013, 02:58. Reason: miss-spelling (parhaps swedish english...)

Comment

Working...
                              X