Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my dry eye solution: VitC, VitD, omega3 and VitA in the right doses at the right time

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you learn eventually to look into your eyes with a magnifying mirror as soon as you get out of the shower, wash your face, apply Cliradex, etc. Sometimes I have gently pulled on the lashes to "harvest" loose ones before they fall off. One time I poked myself in the eye with my thumbnail removing a lose lash that was stuck in them. They are a bother. My family and friends now understand that why I suddenly run out of the room that it's probably an eye lash and they just wait for me to get back. And, most importantly, I don't panic about them anymore. Just get myself to the magnifying mirror as quickly as possible. Irrigate if necessary.

If the lashes are in your eyes, it is sometimes best to irrigate them out. I use a .9% preservative free saline solution. It has nothing in it but sodium chloride.

What are we cleaning? The debris from skin, mites, bacteria, all sorts of things. You have to be careful and gentle when you clean. Don't rub too hard with any of the wipes which can be irritating.

And now after so many have fallen out I'm growing an extra row right in the lid margin. These are excruciatingly painful when they push through the skin. Just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnieblanco View Post
      Hi Annemie,

I'm trying out what you did and I'm wondering how long it took you before you saw good results? I have clogged glands and also losing lashes. I was told by the last doctor I saw that I have inflammation on my eye lids. I started taking 2000mg of vitC, two 10000 IU of vitA, 2000 IU of vitD, and 1500mg of Buckthorn Omega 7, 3600mg of flaxseed a day. All of these a per day.
      Dear vinnieblanco,

You should not take all of that together in a single day. You have to alternate high doses VitC with high doses VitD. For me starting the high dose VitC worked within one week, and then did not work any more within 3 months. That is why you need to test what is best for you. I suggest you start with 2000mg VitC, split over morning and later afternoon, with 2 spoons of flaxseed oil in the evening. Do that for 5 days, then stop that for 2 days.

The two days that you stop the high dose VitC, you take the 2000 IU of VitD, with again the flaxseed oil. I am not sure how many units VitA are in fish liver oil, so I cannot comment on the dose that you are taking, but it might be better to consult your doctor.

I hope this helps?

Annemie

Comment

This is a very interesting post.. I suffer from MGD and will definetely try it. My only concern lies in the health effects as you mentioned..

Comment

According to what I've read you should take Vit K together with Vit D. More reading: calcium paradox.

Comment

This sounds pretty close to AREDS formula. However, the formula has been revised in 2013 with AREDS2, which replaced Vitamin A with "lutein+zeaxanthin", because Vitamin A can trigger cancer in smokers.

They also dropped fish oil from it, because it was inconsequential.

Comment

AREDS formula

Originally posted by jack_bristow View Post
              This sounds pretty close to AREDS formula. However, the formula has been revised in 2013 with AREDS2, which replaced Vitamin A with "lutein+zeaxanthin", because Vitamin A can trigger cancer in smokers.

They also dropped fish oil from it, because it was inconsequential.
              Hi Jack, yes indeed, it looks a bit similar. I had not seen those data, thank you. I think AREDS2 would not work as perfect for me as the formula I found out by trial and error. The biggest difference is that I experience to really need those high doses of VitC, and that such doses lose their effect if you take them every day, hence my alternation 4 days 3 g VitC (spread over the day) and 3 days high dose VitD. I always feel best during the first two days of high dose VitC. Perhaps I don't need the fish oil, I will try that out, to see if I can drop those during my VitD days, and eat more carrots instead. Cheers, Annemie

Comment

Working...
              X