Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Severe Dry Eye Resolved 98% - Really!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for sharing.

Last edited by MGD1701; 18-Nov-2017, 04:24.

Comment

Can you private message me the brand of cream your daughter used? I can order it online and hopefully express it!

Comment

Sure thing Faith. Will hope to hear it's the silver bullet in balancing those wild and crazy hormones of yours. Let us know!

Comment

Thanks for sharing mom. These stories are encouraging to all desperately seeking answers. As we have all discovered what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another but we have to keep trying until we find what works for us.

Sadly I have Sjogrens and have been on natural progesterone for the last 15 years. And by the way, mine is compounded but it IS natural and is in pill form. I think it is important to have your hormones checked by a doctor if you feel there is a problem rather than self medicating as hormones can be a dangerous thing to play with. I have mine checked and prescribed once a year so it is not a big deal and although now post menopausal I was never on the pill for birth control, rather I used an IUD.

As regards 'leaky gut' what I take is Bovine colostrum and here is a link to an article regarding the benefits of the same.

http://www.sovereignlaboratories.com...RACLEFOOD.html

I hope this information might be helpful for those who fear leaky gut may be at the root of some of their problems and are trying to get healthy.....F/G

Comment

Thanks farmgirl. Of course this is wise advice to get hormone levels measured, approach cautiously, and consult with the professionals. My daughter is just fresh off bc pills and it was advised to give it some time to clear her system before testing.

And the leaky gut recommendation is helpful too. Gut health is so very important, we all should be taking care of our flora.

Sorry about the Sjogren's, hope you've been able to make it manageable. I've spent much time reading up on it. Just so many complications with that syndrome it's got to be overwhelming, to say the least. Appreciate you chiming in here.

Comment

is this a cream with wild yam as its ingredient? sounds very interesting, im really glad it helped
              People have recovered, so can we.
              www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Yes indeed waterbee, wild yam of all things to the rescue.

We were astonished, and delighted of course. Hoping very much that others may likewise find relief.

Comment

Always great to hear success stories, thanks for sharing. I wish science could figure out a way to test hormone levels accurately, many doctors don't seem to feel it's worth it because of the unreliable testing methods. Though there are also those who are sensitive to normal levels of hormones, such as those with severe premenstrual syndrome or premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Recently a researcher found that perhaps there is a genetic connection to this sensitivity but when I asked the researcher they said the data is too limited to make gene testing worth it at this stage sadly. Hormones seem to be an area with very limited diagnostic tests.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/genetics-and...ope-of-a-cure/

Interesting colostrum was mentioned on this thread too. I've been taking that after hearing about it on a Facebook dry eye group. Dunno if it's having an impact though, in my case I have a lot of scarring due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis so I suspect there's little to reverse that (they don't want to remove scar tissue in case it causes more excessive skin growth / problems) and trying scleral lenses next. But it is good to hear of these things as everyone is indeed different and I know I've heard of others on here who have been helped by hormones, including males as one person said they felt testosterone deficiency was the biggest factor for them.
                  Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Interesting link there PhoenixEyes, thanks.

Isn't it interesting how unique we all are in our physiology? It's a challenge for sure for doctors as too much for one can easily be too little for another. So even with accurate testing, it still is just guess work for the individual. That's why medicine is called a "practice". Numbers don't always give us the answers and sometimes can be deceiving. My mother for example has numbers that for anyone else would mean 3rd stage liver disease, but she is fine, perfectly fine, it's just her unique chemical make-up. Everyones hormonal balance is unique to them it seems which just makes the whole issue a very confounding one. All we can do sometimes is just listen to our bodies, the best diagnostic tool we've got.

Comment

does your daughter put it around the eye or rub it into the skin some where like the arm ect? i will buy some and see if it helps, thank-you for sharing and giving us some new ideas to try i thought i had looked up everything but this is a new one!
                      People have recovered, so can we.
                      www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

The first few days she tried applying to eye lids and her neck and chest area as we heard any thin skin area would be fine. They do say to rotate spots so it's not in the exact same place every time.. But then I read a compelling article that said it can build up over time and accumulate in fatty tissue and that it would be best to apply to vaginal area as it is much better absorbed there and wouldn't build up in tissue. It's a much more direct route that has the extra advantage of being close to the ovaries. So she started doing this instead of on her skin. She said it was too gloppy on the eyelids and just too messy to use there. I wonder if a pricier brand might have a finer consistency and she will probably experiment. I don't know if it matters all that much where it's applied, but that is how she is using it, daily at bedtime. They say twice a day is ideal, a dose very 12 hours, but she is just using it nightly. I think the most important thing is the timing, to try and mimic a natural cycle when progesterone surges from ovulation to onset of a period. My daughter is using it 3 weeks on and 1 week off. The directions should be included with the product you get. Most importantly is to be sure you are getting Natural USP progesterone that is paraben free.

Yeah she thought she tried everything before we stumbled upon this. The hormone connection to dry eye is widely known which is why I was shocked we had not come across it sooner.

But after I started researching I understood how it makes perfect sense, and there was a study done years ago that proved how this worked. It is clear that any patient complaining of dry eyes should be having their hormones checked out as one of the first possible causes, and I wish doctors would start considering this very real and proven link.

Here is a study from 2007 - The Use of Progesterone Cream to Treat Dry Eye:
                        http://iovs.arvojournals.org/article...icleid=2382585

Comment

Interesting information! Thank you for the link. I noticed at the end they wrote “testosterone cream worked only for menopausal women”. I’m glad I read that, I was going to ask my doctor for a prescription to buy that cream! ( I know she would have say yes)

My cycles and everything changed since the birthcontrol, I’ve noticed a lot of symptoms of “low on testosterone” so I wanted to try it.

Comment

By the way I’ve been doing the progesterone cream for a week now and my eyes are absolutely horrible!!!!! I used my eyedrops like every 30 minutes today : ( but Barbara Hoffman says it’s because I’m “estrogen dominant” and when the progesterone is starting to build up the estrogen is trying to reduce it.. so according to her my symptoms are normal? And my eyes should get better... if it doesn’t stop this week I’m gonna stop using it cause my eyes are absolutely horrible Right now

Comment

So so sorry to hear it Sophie! Truly. I'd been thinking of you and really hoping it was going in the other direction for you... darn. It's true they say that it can excite estrogen and make symptoms spike. Many women get spooked off because of that. Understandably. You are using a natural formula I hope? I came across some who insist you have to dose much much higher, like 10x higher to drown out the estrogen if symptoms are bad.., but heck, I'm am no authority on the safety aspects of that! Wish I knew.. BUT - Maybe just a little more. Are you using twice a day? They do say that's the ideal. Do you know if your dry eyes have a cyclic pattern that corresponds to your cycle? The main question is, is it estrogen dominance, or something different. Do you have ANY other symptoms of estrogen dominance? See what you can determine on that, as best you can. There is much info out there on that subject. My daughter definitely did have other indications of it. If it seems to be that, then I'd say yes by all means do hang in there, and use a little more. I really cannot imagine progesterone would make your eyes worse.., unless it is just exciting the estrogen. Just trying to see if your estrogen is dominant, that is the crucial question. Might be best to consult an expert though, maybe another test of your levels at a different time of your cycle. Testosterone generally is for older women, but every body is different, you never know. Email Barbara maybe, she what she has to say.

I know how it is. For years we too had no idea and just tried everything before we figured it out. Meanwhile, it's misery! In daughter's case it clearly was hormones. She responded right away, luckily, I think she had zero progesterone in her system, and we know you have some.. might not be enough but some anyway. It could maybe be that it is something else with you entirely, like allergy maybe, possibly a food allergy or intolerance you aren't aware of. Pay attention to your diet when you have your worst days. That would be my next best guess but it's only a guess! Always is until you figure it out. Just try to see if you have ANY other symptoms with your body that may offer clues. Anything that bothers you aside from the eyes.

Really sucks when you hear these happy stories and you don't experience the same result. I feel your pain and frustration, I surely do. I keep hoping your breakthrough is going to be any day, any hour, any darn minute now. Why why does it have to be such a puzzle?!

Comment

It's horrible mom I'm at work right now and I can totally tell today is gonna be a bad day, it's 5:50am and I've used my eyedrops like 4 times already... I'll send you a message

Comment

Working...
                                X