Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Severe Dry Eye Resolved 98% - Really!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since estrogen dominance and the subject of diet has come up here, it is worth noting the connection.

When my daughter was trying elimination diets there was a little improvement,.. so for a time we thought it might be a food intolerance or allergy. It was not enough to solve the problem BUT it does make sense that conventional dairy products would contribute to problems because it is loaded with hormones. Loaded. So mind your dairy intake and see if it could be contributing to your dry eye, it did seem to exacerbate my daughter's dryness.
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natura...your-hormones/

Comment

Is this still working for your daughter? Just curious as I got my progesterone in the mail today. Kind of scared to use it..

Comment

what is the name of this cream? I might order it to the UK if I am able to!

Faith1989 i sent you a PM don’t know if you got it!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
          Is this still working for your daughter? Just curious as I got my progesterone in the mail today. Kind of scared to use it..

What is the name of this cream? I might order it if it’s available to the UK.

Faith- I sent you a PM I don’t know if you got it or not!

Comment

Hey Faith, good to hear it's arrived!

Yes my daughter continues to to great! It is so great to see her getting sleep again, totally has restored her health for that reason alone. She no longer dreads bedtime, and no more waking up in pain. Such a relief she really has gotten her life back. I really do not think you need to be afraid of it. Large amounts over long periods of time might be something to be concerned about, but giving it a try to see should be safe. Far less risky than birth control pills or synthetic HRT or chemical medications, pretty sure! Doctors recommendations so far have been proven the riskiest and most harmful. Believe me I did my homework before suggesting this to my daughter. There are some who recommend really large doses and swear by it's safety. If you take the time to research the risks or side effects I think you would be reassured. Interestingly the FDA warning on the bottles of it actually stems from tests they did on synthetic oral progesterones, not wild yam progesterone cream at all! Pfft. I am not a doctor of course, but I have done the homework, always cautious. It has to be your decision though, an informed decision. The real damage actively occurring to my daughters body from such severe dryness so prolonged was the much much higher risk, unquestionably.

She has just switched to a pricier brand. She prefers the consistency and texture of the more expensive type, seems to absorb better. The original cheaper stuff worked just fine though, really got the job done. Probably all the matters is that it is USP progesterone derived from wild yam and no synthetics.

Hoping the best for you that this will help. Praying even. :-) Surely my daughter cannot be the only one this is effective for. Well according to scientific studies she's not, and I have come across others with sjorgrens that reported positive results. I'd say go for it, of course, but proceed cautiously and informed, no matter if it's a stranger on the internet or a doctor suggesting something.

Comment

Justamom,

what were yoir daughters symptoms? Did she have other symptoms of low progesterone such as PMS? Did she have MGD? Rosacea or Acne prone skin?
              Just curious

Comment

Hello all! Thank you justamom for this post. I teared up reading this because you sounded like you were describing me! I am a 25 year old female and I have been suffering with severe dry eye since February of this year. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago and have been on birth control pills to control the erratic periods. I got off birth control this January to become hormone-free and after my mother was diangosed with breast cancer to decrease my own cancer risk. Unfortunately one of the side effects of getting off birth control was severe dry eye overnight. I am thinking of going on progesterone cream to control PCOS and hopefully improve my dry eye symptoms! I was told i produce healthy amounts of oil but my aqueous production is extremely low. I have been on Lotemax, Xiidra, and Restasis with no success. I truly believe my hormone imbalance is what is causing the dry eyes and I am hoping to regain my life back as a 25 year old! Justamom, would you please message me the name of the cream your daughter is currently using and directions on how she uses it? Your post has made me hopeful, thank you!

Comment

Justamom,

what were yoir daughters symptoms? Did she have other symptoms of low progesterone such as PMS? Did she have MGD? Rosacea or Acne prone skin?
                  Just curious
                  Hi Faith

She has indications of PCOS and much menstrual distress which is why she was put on bc pills, and yes some acne issues. Occasional touch of rosacea but not enough to cause alot of concern there. Yes she had MGD though, big time.
                  Since the progesterone cream had such a quick and dramatic effect I can only assume it's been estrogen dominance all along. Now going on two months 98% better after 4 years of hell.

Comment

I don't want to jinx it so knock on wood but for the last few days of using it I have felt better. I get severe PMS sometimes can't even stand up the cramping is so bad. My eyes always flare before my period when progesterone is SUPOSE to be high but I suspect mine is low and I'm having estrogen dominance. I am
                    also doing a low carb low sugar diet. Yes I also have severe MGD (doctors say it's mild) and am around your daughters age!

Comment

I don't want to jinx it so knock on wood but for the last few days of using it I have felt better. I get severe PMS sometimes can't even stand up the cramping is so bad. My eyes always flare before my period when progesterone is SUPOSE to be high but I suspect mine is low and I'm having estrogen dominance. I am
                      also doing a low carb low sugar diet. Yes I also have severe MGD (doctors say it's mild) and am around your daughters age!
                      Oh boy, I am happy to hear this could be helping you. Very hopeful you will experience the same relief! Very exciting. Watch the dairy consumption too, loaded with estrogen. Keep us posted!

Comment

Hello justamom,

So I started progesterone cream on December 14th, 6 days ago and I have not started feeling any relief yet. Did you daughter feel her symptoms get worse before she got better? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kimmy25 View Post
                          Hello justamom,

So I started progesterone cream on December 14th, 6 days ago and I have not started feeling any relief yet. Did you daughter feel her symptoms get worse before she got better? Thanks!
                          Hi Kimmy - In my daughter's case she was lucky to experience near immediate relief. Sorry if you are not getting the same quick results. It is common though to feel worse before feeling better, they say, because the progesterone can excite estrogen and make symptoms spike as it's fighting to remain dominant. Honestly I think if that happens it's a good sign in that it indicates that hormones are indeed the cause, likely estrogen dominance, and the cream should help to balance. Hormonal balance is a tricky thing and very individual. It could take a higher dosage for you, or it could take longer so I wouldn't give up on it yet. It is important to mimic a natural cycle too, timing is important.

A few more days passed since you've posted, I do hope that perhaps by now you are experiencing some positive effect!

Comment

justamom, did your daughter start around day 14 of her cycle? I want to try this but am not sure about the timing. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MGD_OcularRosacea View Post
                              justamom, did your daughter start around day 14 of her cycle? I want to try this but am not sure about the timing. Thanks!
                              Yes, it was about then, maybe a little earlier. The idea is to mimic what should be the natural cycle. Progesterone surges right at ovulation and remains high and dominant for a couple weeks. When progesterone goes back down, the period should start. Most recommend taking it those two weeks (day 14-28 or so) but she is using for three weeks. She stops it when her period begins or is about to begin and takes a week off. So she is doing 3 weeks on, 1 week off, which is actually the suggested directions on the box. She was nervous about stopping it that week, for fear the dryness would return, but it did not, so she is sticking to this schedule for now.

There's a little chart here that shows how the hormones should flow in the correct rhythm and balance, it's helpful to know how our levels should look: http://womeninbalance.org/about-hormone-imbalance/ Of course it is only approximate as we all have our individual cycle lengths.What is nice about the cream is you can easily vary the quantity accordingly, as some days you would need twice as much as on other days.

Wishing you luck!! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Dear justamom . Thank you for your post. I definitely think that hormones have a huge role on dry eyes. I am 30 years old and since April of last year my eyes became extremely dry. Unbearable. Just like your daughters.
                                Ive also done all the testing, the diets, the supplements and nothing helps. I can't even find any patterns, i.e. "when i do this my eyes are better/worse". Some days are a bit better but not even close to "okay".
                                In any case, I've also been on BC for years because of painful ovulation and painful periods. I stopped them for a few months before but since there was no change I got on them again.

The one pattern i can tell is that when I have my period my eyes are A LOT worse.

Did your daughter have any patterns related to her cycle?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X