Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes success

Dear all,

After a lot of time, and research and ect. I decided to share my experience with dry eyes and corneal neuralgia (1 year and a half).

I am actually working on a free blog where I talk about my experience. I found it really hard to explain everything I have done and still doing in just one post..

I have done a lot of changes in my rutine, including taking IKERVIS, following a PALEO diet, having lower punctual plugs and taking auto logum serum drops. For now I have an instagram page, called myworld.ladybird.

I hope this will help someone overcome this condition and start living, working and love again.

Best regards from Switzerland,

Federica
    Last edited by Ladybird_dryeyes; 19-Jul-2020, 06:26.

Thank you so much for your post. Always delighted to hear dry eye success stories. I will take a look at your blog.

Comment

Ladybird_dryeyes how long did it take for ikervis to work?

Comment

I would say 4-6 months to see max result.
        Last edited by Ladybird_dryeyes; 24-May-2020, 01:04.

Comment

And could you please write a short summary for us all in this topic as what you think helped you with your dry eyes (your routine for example), and things that did not help? I don't have instagram, and I'd like to stay in this forum so that the information is centralized for everyone to read; I think that is the easiest way to keep the 'stack of knowlegde' we all gathered more accessible.

Comment

Hei Gilles. Absolutely, I can make a short summary, although I think it will not help really as on my page I explain really what I am doing and how I do it. I will try to make a short summary

So now I am on:

- Auto Logum Serum Eye drops (6x day)
            - I dropped my birth control with extrogens (NuvaRing for 7 years)
            - I changed job (no dirty AC) - but still at the office
            - I am taking more breaks with computer work (20/20/20)
            - I bought light blue blockers
            - I stopped wearing daily contacts lenses (giving my eyes a break) - bought three new pair of glasses
            - I take omega - 3 GOOD supplement (with the right DHA and EPA percentages) - BrudySec is my brand
            - I take Maqui Berry supplements
            - I use Systane Ultra Eyedrops (no preservatives)
            - I use Hylo Gel Forte
            - I use an humidifier (at night and when I work on my PC)
            - I changed my diet to PALEO (no sugar, no alchool, no diary) - this is really IMPORTANT!
            - I wear always sunglasses outside
            - I use Bepanthen ointment at night
            - I have lower punctual plugs

I think this are the things which help me most. I am still improving. I am on my way to buy EPP sclerals and maybe I will try IPL.

As I said, for more info I will open a free blog, and also my Instagram page is already on. I found it difficult to summarize as many type of dry eyes exist: there is MGD, acqeous deficiency, post-lasik ect. I am more than happy to help and answer any questions on this summary. I try to share my personal story to help someone.

I am constantly researching, improving betting better. Now I am free from eyedrops almost and only taking ALS.

I hope this will help. XXX Fede

Comment

Ladybird_dryeyes i've been on ikervis for 3 months, hopefully it starts working. From you list above, what was the biggest help?

Comment

orange86 I think the punctual plugs, auto logum serum and changing diet are the things which helped me the most

Comment

Orange86. Do you think the ikervis is helping much? Does it sting and make your eyes red?

Comment

LindaDawn It's not helped me so far and i've been on it for 3 months and 2 weeks. i'll stay on it with the hope that i see some benefit.

it's stings a little to a lot when i instill at bedtime but pain goes away, yes some redness but i have that most the time now.

i went to the driving range today and the wind really hurt my eyes

Comment

Hi. Orange86. Thank you for your reply. Hoping it works for you. They say up to 6 months. It’s a long time. XIIDRA an alternative drug is supposed to work in a few weeks. It’s similar but not the same, works in a different way. Unfortunately not available in UK but is in Europe. NICE are meant to be reviewing the drug but it was delayed and I expect COVID19 will delay things further.

Comment

Hi Ladybird_dryeyes. How do I access your free blog.

Comment

Hi Linda Dawn. Its not open yet, it requires a lot of work I will post when it freely published.

Comment

Guest. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X