Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing results (I think) from lion's mane eye drops

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thank you for that Gabe, it seems that I was actually wrong and that powder made from the mycellium rather than the fruiting body may be more effective.

    x1carbon what clarification do you want? lelagy was pretty thorough imo and please bear in mind this isn't a science, we don't really know what we are doing here!!!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Aegeus View Post
      Thank you for that Gabe, it seems that I was actually wrong and that powder made from the mycellium rather than the fruiting body may be more effective.

      x1carbon what clarification do you want? lelagy was pretty thorough imo and please bear in mind this isn't a science, we don't really know what we are doing here!!!
      Not a science yet, but you may end up winning a nobel prize for finding a cure for dry eyes in 10 years

      All joking aside, is it approx 4ml of powder for 500ml of water?

      And any update on effectiveness would be much appreciated!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by x1carbon View Post

        Not a science yet, but you may end up winning a nobel prize for finding a cure for dry eyes in 10 years

        All joking aside, is it approx 4ml of powder for 500ml of water?

        And any update on effectiveness would be much appreciated!

        I wasn't even that rigourous, I simply used about 2 teaspoons per 300ml of water.

        I actually stopped doing it because my symptoms started getting better with IPL, I have MGD+ATD but mostly MGD is the issue. I also have allergies and have been taking anti-histamines which interferes with tear volume so I wouldn't really rely on anything I say right now.

        I am planning on starting up again to see if I can get further improvement and as the hayfever season comes to an end the picture should be clearer. I will come back an update in a month or two after getting my Ophthalmologist to do another schirmer test.

        BTW, if you want to learn more about Lions Mane, I highly recommend going to oriveda.com, there is a tonne of info on there and it seems more reliable than nearly anywhere else.

        Comment


        • #19
          Aegeus x1carbon
          How do you think Lions Mane is helping the meibomian glands?
          i've tried many many therapies such as anti biotics, regener eyes, AIP diet, 10+ IPLs, red light therapy, cyclosporine drops. None of it has improved my mgd. I'm hesistant of trying something new based on the my personal track record with this horrible horrible disease.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by orange86 View Post
            Aegeus x1carbon
            How do you think Lions Mane is helping the meibomian glands?
            i've tried many many therapies such as anti biotics, regener eyes, AIP diet, 10+ IPLs, red light therapy, cyclosporine drops. None of it has improved my mgd. I'm hesistant of trying something new based on the my personal track record with this horrible horrible disease.
            No I don't believe I've noticed any effect on my MGD in particular. IPL (Periman Protocol) & Gland expression has been extremely helpful for me in that regard. If you think there may be a neurological component to your MGD it may be worth trying though, or you can try consuming Lions Mane supplements/tea (oriveda.com has the most reliable supplements I found).

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by orange86 View Post
              Aegeus x1carbon
              How do you think Lions Mane is helping the meibomian glands?
              i've tried many many therapies such as anti biotics, regener eyes, AIP diet, 10+ IPLs, red light therapy, cyclosporine drops. None of it has improved my mgd. I'm hesistant of trying something new based on the my personal track record with this horrible horrible disease.
              I thought probing and ipl helped you? It has helped me a little tbh. My tear film has gone from 30 to 43.

              Comment

              Working...
              X