No announcement yet.

Amazing results (I think) from lion's mane eye drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for that Gabe, it seems that I was actually wrong and that powder made from the mycellium rather than the fruiting body may be more effective.

x1carbon what clarification do you want? lelagy was pretty thorough imo and please bear in mind this isn't a science, we don't really know what we are doing here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aegeus View Post
      Thank you for that Gabe, it seems that I was actually wrong and that powder made from the mycellium rather than the fruiting body may be more effective.

x1carbon what clarification do you want? lelagy was pretty thorough imo and please bear in mind this isn't a science, we don't really know what we are doing here!!!
      Not a science yet, but you may end up winning a nobel prize for finding a cure for dry eyes in 10 years

All joking aside, is it approx 4ml of powder for 500ml of water?

And any update on effectiveness would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by x1carbon View Post

Not a science yet, but you may end up winning a nobel prize for finding a cure for dry eyes in 10 years

All joking aside, is it approx 4ml of powder for 500ml of water?

And any update on effectiveness would be much appreciated!

I wasn't even that rigourous, I simply used about 2 teaspoons per 300ml of water.

I actually stopped doing it because my symptoms started getting better with IPL, I have MGD+ATD but mostly MGD is the issue. I also have allergies and have been taking anti-histamines which interferes with tear volume so I wouldn't really rely on anything I say right now.

I am planning on starting up again to see if I can get further improvement and as the hayfever season comes to an end the picture should be clearer. I will come back an update in a month or two after getting my Ophthalmologist to do another schirmer test.

BTW, if you want to learn more about Lions Mane, I highly recommend going to oriveda.com, there is a tonne of info on there and it seems more reliable than nearly anywhere else.

Comment

Aegeus x1carbon
          How do you think Lions Mane is helping the meibomian glands?
          i've tried many many therapies such as anti biotics, regener eyes, AIP diet, 10+ IPLs, red light therapy, cyclosporine drops. None of it has improved my mgd. I'm hesistant of trying something new based on the my personal track record with this horrible horrible disease.

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post
            Aegeus x1carbon
            i've tried many many therapies such as anti biotics, regener eyes, AIP diet, 10+ IPLs, red light therapy, cyclosporine drops. None of it has improved my mgd. I'm hesistant of trying something new based on the my personal track record with this horrible horrible disease.
            No I don't believe I've noticed any effect on my MGD in particular. IPL (Periman Protocol) & Gland expression has been extremely helpful for me in that regard. If you think there may be a neurological component to your MGD it may be worth trying though, or you can try consuming Lions Mane supplements/tea (oriveda.com has the most reliable supplements I found).

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post
              Aegeus x1carbon
              I thought probing and ipl helped you? It has helped me a little tbh. My tear film has gone from 30 to 43.

Comment

Aegeus and lelagy any update on how it is going?

I still have all the stuff I need to make these but never ended up doing it as I was feeling a lot better for maybe 3-4, then I went off my Nortriptyline and the pain slowly came back so I'm thinking of trying it again now. Would like to hear how you've all been making out!

Comment

Originally posted by GabeR View Post
                  Aegeus and lelagy any update on how it is going?

I still have all the stuff I need to make these but never ended up doing it as I was feeling a lot better for maybe 3-4, then I went off my Nortriptyline and the pain slowly came back so I'm thinking of trying it again now. Would like to hear how you've all been making out!
                  I stopped doing this. I thought initially there was some improvement but I think it was actually due to my allergies.

I am in a better place now, the key has been keeping down inflammation. Doxycycline worked well but I recently stopped as it caused some stomach issues.

Now I use a very thick eye ointment (hycosan night) throughout the day and combine it with a low inflammation lifestyle and diet. (Cold showers, keeping down my mental stress/depression, supplementing with various things for inflammation and eye health (checkout for info examine.com).

I should soon be starting serum eye drops too which I'm hoping helps even further. I am also doing IPL but much less often (currently every 2-3 months).

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing better @Aegus ! Thanks for the update

Comment

Did anyone else try eyedrops with lions mane?

Comment

Hi, I stopped feeling effects of Lion's mane so I don't use it anymore. Instead, I'm experimenting with NMN and resveratrol as recommended by David Sinclair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9IxomBusuw
                        I use it systemically, but I'm also experimenting with mixing a little bit of NMN (don't ask me how much) and drop into my eyes. Not sure of the results yet. Also, one should note that NMN deactivates very quickly in water.

Comment

Originally posted by lelagy View Post
                          Hi, I stopped feeling effects of Lion's mane so I don't use it anymore. Instead, I'm experimenting with NMN and resveratrol as recommended by David Sinclair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9IxomBusuw
                          I use it systemically, but I'm also experimenting with mixing a little bit of NMN (don't ask me how much) and drop into my eyes. Not sure of the results yet. Also, one should note that NMN deactivates very quickly in water.
                          how are you finding nmn drops in your eyes?

Comment

Working...
                          X