No announcement yet.

Long road, hope at the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Lynne- it is so nice to hear people report a decline of their symptoms. It gives us all hope! I think that hope is the biggest factor in all of this. Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcaeon View Post
      Yeah I know sazy Ive tried heaps of different stuff as well .. that's weird that you say that when you get sick your eyes get better - I can relate to that, I haven't been sick in like, two years or something so I can't tell on that BUT... when I have a really huge night out, and get completely wasted (which isn't often these days ) , although I am really hung over and sick feeling the next few days my eyes are great. Bizarre I know. It's like when my body is really depleted and needs to focus on something else it doesn't make my eyes screwed up. I feel like I should be on an episode of House.
      Sorry i know you replied to this a while ago, but yes this is exactly what happens to me!!.

And i think you are actually right with that statement with out even knowing it.

I figured out some time ago that what is probably happening is that my immune system which is causing the inflammation of eyelids is prior engaged with the other part of my body. So it stops reacting to my eyelids- trying to repair them with inflammation that i dont need and which is causing the symptoms. There is an underlying vascular damage but its the inflammation that causes the symptoms. Same with many autoimmune disorders.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Soap

I was using irish spring for quite some time until I read archeon's thread.

After stopping the use of the bar soap and going to cetaphil soap, my daily redness has decreased immensely.

I am going to go to a allergist to see if there is anything else causing my inflammation. It will be interesting to see what comes up.

I truly believe it will be this forum that will cure many of us. The brainstorming and collaboration, and connecting the dots that will bring us where we need to be.
        Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Hi All-
          I just wanted to update this thread. I love this section of Dry Eye Zone and know that there have been times where I have hung on every "triumph" story with everything in me.
          Anyhow, I went to a great doc on Tues. The good news is that now my TBUT is a 10- essentially "normal(?)" yet my eyes still show inflammation from dryness (darn!). That is where the burning comes from. Anyway, the doc gave me samples and a prescription of lacriserts and I am on day 2 and having the best 2 days that I have had in a while. I am by no means all the way comfortable BUT the burning has decreased with these...outside of the office I have periods of feeling "normal" and under the stress of the office environment the burning has become less. I am encouraged that my eyes have the ability to not burn (I was convinced that something was fundamentally wrong with them that couldn't be helped) and am looking forward to the cumalitive effect this constant moisture is supposed to have on the eyes (the doc said to reserve judgement for 3 weeks).
          I feel like doing cartwheels but I am at work so I will settle with finally being able to concentrate and work hard. I encourage others to consider giving these inserts a try- especially those like me who who don't do well with eye drops and who seem to have tried EVERYTHING......boy, I love that they last FOREVER- yesterday they helped from 9am until 9pm and require no upkeep.
          I will put a "plug" in for this doctor that I saw- he is in San Clemente, Ca for those wondering....he was so great and encouraging and willing to look outside of the box.
          Hope everyone is having a great day.
          Last edited by autumnn; 27-Feb-2009, 15:42.

Comment

I so agree with this!

Originally posted by Teri View Post
            Autumn,

You asked if it's possible that your eyes can take a while to "register change."

I think the answer is YES. Your eye has been hurting for so long, it's forgotten how to not hurt. I think this pain will eventually diminish.

A few years ago, I had an injury that resulted in chronic pain. The way my doctor explain it to me was like this: the nerves get stuck in the "ON" position, so even after the injury is healed, the nerves are still sending pain signals, even though nothing is wrong. Finding a way to interrupt that constant pain message is important.

Through various medications and time (I got stronger and stronger and thought about the pain less and less), the pain diminished to a point where I don't think about it most of the time. It's not severe and I guess I've gotten used to it.

Keep doing what you're doing, be compassionate with yourself, and let your eye remember what it's like to not hurt. It can happen.

Teri
            I've spent all day reading this board (new to the site) and one of my doctors said exactly this to me! About the nerves not realizing you are not in pain anymore, etc.

Autumn how are you doing now?? I realize this is an older post but my situation is kind of similar. I've only had this eye problem for 4 -5 months but I am feeling alot of anxiety that this is beyond my control. I hope you are doing WONDERFUL!!

Comment

Working...
            X